after orientation w/swift

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Pillsbury, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Pillsbury

Pillsbury Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2008
    NKC,mo
    Anyone have any info on when you hit the road after orientation with swift?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. psychocreep

psychocreep Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Flagstaff, Az
    What do you want to know exactly????

4. kaiwren986

kaiwren986 Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    My understanding is as soon as you have a mentor, mine will be here 2 days after my orientation, I was lucky enough to be able to line a family member up ahead of time though.

I've heard under normal circumstances its anywhere from a day to 3 weeks, depends on when they have a trainer available

Pillsbury Thanks this.
  5. sgreer78

sgreer78 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2008
    St Louis, MO
    You'd think that these companies would only hire people that either already have the experience to go out there on their own, or only hire the number of trainees for the number of trainers they will have available at the end of orientation.

6. gpgtp2005

gpgtp2005 Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Tacoma, Wa
    they can do there best to hire as many people that they have trainers for but in the end it boils down to weather or not someone catches on by the end of there 6 weeks, if someone only has to go out for 1-2 weeks. weather or not the mentor can get routed back quick enough, you have to keep in mind that some dont train others all the time, they run loads solo. if you have any questions feel free to ask i am starting with a mentor on monday and will do my best to answer any questions.

7. willie allman

willie allman Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2008
    kooskia,idaho
  8. Pillsbury

Pillsbury Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2008
    NKC,mo
    I have been with my Mentor for almost 3 weeks and I am enjoying it very much no matter what people say about swift they are fair andi have learned alot I am from the midwest and have drove utah nevada california texas new mexico arizona colorado nebraska, wyoming. The mountains are scary at first but you learn by doing. Swift has been good to me :biggrin_25520:

david07003 Thanks this.
  9. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Despite horror stories you read and hear about Swift, ironically enough I have heard drivers talk more good about them then bad. I have spoken to many of their drivers all of which have been polite and helpful in answering questions and that goes for ones that look like they just got out of ganster film. I know the industry is hurting right now but from what I have seen first hand Swift is limiting their orientations as least in my area to 1 or 2 a month so they arent flooding themselves with more drivers that drive everyones miles down. At least to some level this shows some bit of caring about things.

10. Truckster71

Truckster71 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2008
    roseville,mi
    HOw do you know how it goes just what they told you?you haven't even been out yet.I got a trainer the next day and things have been great.sounds like your one of them guys who listen to a lot of hear say.keep listen hope one day you grow up an learn on your own and not listen to what everybody tells you.good luck thou hope you make it threw and happy trucking SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    The safe sat score is better than CRE, Central, Gainey, Davis Express, Star and other. I would take Swift over CRE, Central anyday.

Hunter

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.