After purchasing a truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Erictanker, Jan 13, 2019.

1. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    Help him out by answering his question. Not talking to him like he’s a moron.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Glad you went to mind reading school but many of us didn’t.

4. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Reading comprehension, and lack thereof, was responsible for the assumption the OP had already bought a truck. He merely stated "what do I need to do after purchasing the truck".

The masses didn't need anything more than that to rush to conclusions so they could join the dog pile.....

Just passing by Thanks this.
  5. SoCalRed

SoCalRed Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2017
    CA
    Didn’t go trough all the responses, but looks like lots of know it all smart ####s.
    First decide if you are going to lease to a company or go on your own. If lease to someone call them, see what the requirements are (truck and driver) and then go buy a truck.
    If own authority:
    Get an insurance quote first, just give them a vin from similar truck that you want to buy. You can get it off truck paper.
    When you find an insurance you can live with go ahead and apply for authority. Once you have your authority buy the truck and get the insurance.
    Many people file on their own. When I had my authority I used a company to file for me and they made sure that I have everything I need to run legal. Yes you pay for the service, but it is a lot cheaper than if you miss something and get a huge fine from DOT or get shut down at a scale.
    Anyway if you ask what you need just hire a reputable company to do it for you.
    Getting into the business is easy. Staying in business that’s a diferant story. Some make it many don’t.
    Good luck

Just passing by and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    My reading comprehension is fine. It doesn’t matter if he has bought the truck yet or not.
    The question should be “What do I need to know BEFORE I consider purchasing a truck?”
    Then, and only then, can intelligent and helpful answers be given.
    His chances of succeeding will be much better.

7. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I am not talking to him like a moron, i could talk to him like some of the others could like a d**k. I tried to help in an earlier post.

8. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    And he is asking BEFORE HE BUYS A TRUCK what the steps are going to be. You are arguing against yourself, dude.

Reading comprehension, reading comprehension.

9. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    I guess this isn’t clear enough for some to comprehend here.....

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I didn't know it was a requirement to line up everything BEFORE buying a truck.

Typically yes. But what if joe just happened to see a deal too good to pass up. And paid cash for it. He'd been kicking the idea around of owning a truck.

I seem to recall a couple of people that came along on here and were GIVEN a truck. Ya'll didn't harp on them.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    So ask the question instead of jumping to the conclusion. He never said he bought the truck. He asked what steps were needed after buying it. There is a difference.

The Op did exactly what he got beat up on for not doing. Research.

This post...
    From this thead... Lease onto a company
    Says a lot. TTR isn’t the counter at the Country Pride, or the cb. It’s for people to come ask questions and learn from more experienced people. Y’all should be ashamed of yourselves the way you speak to people sometimes.

Answer a guys question. No need to read three chapters deep into a book you don’t own. Hiding under the i’m trying to help him cloth is fantasy land, it’s more about making yourself feel good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.