aftermarket radio cd player turns on but the screen or anything else wont work

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Dburdman, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Dburdman

Dburdman Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2018
    I bought a power acoustik double din touch screen player for my 2004 silverado 1500 crew cab, i hooked everything up through the harness perfectly, i checked trust me. the only thing that turns on is the cd player, i can here is try to eject or whatever it does and if i hit eject it does its thing, but the display wont turn on and nothing else works, i tried better ground and even running the wire straight to the battery for direct connection, i dont know what else to do, all the fuses are fine and in line fuses.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Does it have a detachable face plate? If so check the connections between the faceplate and the main unit. I had a radio that became intermittent in what it would do and it was those connections.

4. Mraj22

Mraj22 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2015
    maybe you just got a bad piece i am in market to buy a aftermarket stereo was reading bunch of reviews online some unit's face out wont give you anything. maybe try it on a different vehicle if accessible before confirming that, just a thought not sure

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.