Air dryer on 2012 Cascadia

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Until it falls apart, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Until it falls apart

Until it falls apart Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2019
    I've had this 2012 Cascadia with DD15 ENGINE since November 2011. It has 906,600 miles on it. I've never gotten any water when I let air or my secondary tank. Until recently. It took my a while but I finally replaced the air dryer a few days ago. When though it's not kicking out water like a high speed hose trying to was my truck. Them again I haven't got any rain. I'm still getting a tiny bit of vapor. Should I be concerned? And air compressor was replaced early last year in 2018

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    A tiny bit is normal. As air is compressed, it heats up. This creates water vapor. The dryer cartridge will absorb quite a bit of it, but not all. Thus the need to drain your tanks on a regular basis.

Until it falls apart Thanks this.
  4. Until it falls apart

Until it falls apart Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Thanks. The last year-and-a-half I've gotten into checking my truck out more often. Then I ever did when I was with Swift (yeah I know). Seriously with all the miles I have on this truck. this may only have been the third air dryer that been put on. I've discovered if a drivers has depended on his buddies at the Swift maintenance shop to tell them about certain maintenance procedure that might need to be done. he's going to discover later on that there's a lot of maintenance stuff that he's going to miss out on one. Because Swift doesn't doesn't keep their trucks that long maybe I'll trade a minute before those maintenance procedures are due.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.