Air Liquide cylinder delivery driver?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by wastetrucks, Mar 1, 2014.

1. wastetrucks

wastetrucks Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    NJ
    I just applied to an Air Liquide local delivery cylinder driver position. I heard some good things about them. Any info you may have on them I'd appreciate? Any idea what the pay is, I'm in NJ if that helps? Right now I work a public sector job, but I really want to get back into the private sector for a lot of reasons. Thanks for any help you may have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    That sounds like a lot of physical, heavy work. It should get you into good shape, if you aren't already, and if you are, it should keep you that way.

4. SF1998

SF1998 Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2011
    I can't comment on Air Liquide. What I can say is that "kicking steel" will destroy your knees, back, hips and wrists over time. Use a cart and anything else you can to save on the amount of physical work you actually do.

5. Oi!

Oi! Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    It's hazmat, it's local, it's physically demanding and it's New Joooiiiisy it has to be very very good pay or they would be another revolving door job that this industry loves to have.

6. S. A. Miller

S. A. Miller Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2014
    I can't comment on the pay, especially in your area, but I've been a Bulk Driver for Air Liquide for 6 years and the benefits here are very good to excellent...

7. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Can't comment on the pay. Think those are the guys that do home deliveries for medical oxygen tanks. In our state, they are only required to hold a Class C CDL with hazmat.

Invest in steel toe shoes and a good backbrace.

8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Umm...no. Air Liquide runs bulk gases. Home delivery in a 45' gas tanker is not an option, and if you hooked a patient up to that outlet valve, they'd probably be blown into the Andromeda galaxy. :biggrin_25526:

road_runner Thanks this.
  9. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Well, you know what I meant though... they do have these med supply couriers that run oxygen tanks to patients/clinics. And yes, you are right... I was thinking of a totally different field. Thanks for the laugh though.

10. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    Those are pretty good paying jobs from what I hear (Praxair, Air Liquide, etc.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.