Airgas/Kenan cryo.

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Redtwin, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Just saw an Airgas sleeper tractor pulling a kenan cryo trailer. Are these two companies aligned in some way?. I know Kenan has their own cryo division, Merchant Gas Group.

Its the first time I have seen an airgas sleeper truck. I previously thought they were all daycabs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I'm pretty sure Airgas got bought by Air Liquide, not Keenan. Maybe Kenan subbed a load out to them?

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  4. McUzi

McUzi Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2018
    The only alignment between Kenan and Airgas (Air Liquide) is agreements on transport. In the northeast, you'll frequently see Airgas or Air Liquide trailers being pulled by Kenan.

Odd to hear about an Airgas tractor pulling a Kenan trailer though.

haz-matguru and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  5. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    This was upstate NY. I travel up that way a bit but it was the first time I had seen such a combo. The sleeper Airgas tractor was an oddity too and particularly caught my attention as I am always on the lookout for OTR cryo companies as I would like that to be my next move. Too bad he wasn't at a truckstop etc where I could bend his ear.

6. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Most sleeper trucks are teams when dealing with cryo. It's not uncommon when dealing with the majors to see them either. It is odd to see a KAG trailer being pulled by a AG truck though, as usually it's the other way around.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.