AIT truck driving school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Eskimo359, Jul 9, 2010.

1. OneCosmicGuy

OneCosmicGuy Bobtail Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Mesa, AZ
    I'm thinking of driving for them as well - what led you to go to GCC instead of their school in MO?

How do you like Prime now that you've been on the road with them for a while?

Thank you in advance :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aflak

Aflak Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I went with AIT in in Las Vegas, NV did give a review of the 4 week course that I went thru. Look back thru my post you will find it. Its my very first post on this bord, or just do a serch of AIT review Las Vegas.

4. TruckermanD

TruckermanD Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Baltimore MD
    How much is AIT? Just called knight they referred me to AIT. However I'm Not and will not pay 8000 for training like someone said it cost them on this thread.

5. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I got a grant and one loan. Knight's tuition reimbursement covers my loan payments soon. Totally worth it. Also ask knight about their brand new training program Call 1 (888) 529-7283 and hit option 2 for recruiting. I don't personally know the details yet, but its worth asking about. AIT is a good school. I went there in Phoenix.

6. Fancymcberry

Fancymcberry Light Load Member

May 23, 2011
    Sahuarita, Az
    I completed the ptd course at AIT Yesterday. I do this shorter course and it was awesome, very fast paced, a lot of homework and a lot of time behind the wheel. In the 4 weeks I was there I drove over 300 miles. Approximately 100 of those miles included interstate travel and 70 of that in some mountain grades. I spent 2 weeks in the classroom and the last 2 weeks on the range and road. The instructors were great and I attended with some awesome people. I will miss them a lot. AIT also offers job placement. I applied to several companies and had several pre hires. I start orientation with Swift on Monday. The cost of the school for the 4 weeks was $4240.00Swift will fully reimburse me for the entire cost. I did pay cash and therefore the cost is lower than if you finance. But financing is available also. I am very please with the school, the instructors and their program.

7. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You did look happy. Lol. Mr Gibbs was happy to see me. We got along great when I attended.

You looked like you really enjoy being around trucks. Keep me posted on how you do with swift.

8. alorenz

alorenz Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Chandler, AZ
    Smaggs - are you still with Knight refers? What's it like?

Jay_dubb2k5 Thanks this.
  9. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Knight is good, but some of the shippers and consignees make life difficult. It's good so far, but hard.

10. kurtieb64

kurtieb64 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2011
    tucson,az
    I went there for a 4 week refesher course as i have had a CDL for 15 years but i havent been driving scence 2006 (this was a requirement for the company that i applied for, Stevens Transport) the fee was 7,300 and they said that Stevens would reimburse 6,000 of it.so far so good right? well, i compleated the course,took the state test and on the LAST DAY they tell me that i have a old student loan that is in default (but is actully in deferment,i have a certified letter proving this) so they wont release my CDL packet to me so i can get my licence(these are state of arizona documents not belonging to AIT) now my job at Stevens is at jepordy and Im contacting the US attorney General. If I allready didnt know how to drive a truck I sure wouldnt have learned it from them..DO NOT GO TO AIT YOU WILL BE SORRY IF U DO!!!!!!!:biggrin_25516:

11. Smaggs

Smaggs Pie Crust

Apr 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It's the government doing that. Good luck getting what is yours!! Keep us updated

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.