Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    High turnover. It's the on call thing and weeks of babysitting wells for logging data as they drill or service it. You end up having no life and get jaded on the job fast. Weathorford in estevan is permanently hiring and still can't keep people. I think they pay far better than that 26$ average pinners post listed. Our parts girl did it for a few years and was into the thirties fairly early on.

Alberta Bound Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Alberta Bound

Alberta Bound Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2013
    thanks for the reply. I got a phone call for about a wire line truck driver job, they were asking for class 1, but from what I can see on line from pictures of these trucks, they look like straight trucks. Why would they ask for class 1 drivers?

4. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Usually pulling a trailer as well.

5. Pinner

Pinner Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2010
    B.C.
    I never see them pulling trailers here in NE BC, just a bodyjob and a pick up.

6. Alberta Bound

Aug 11, 2013
    does any one have any input about Schlumberger? how do they compare, both the positive stuff and not so positive
    thanks again

7. Onetrack

Onetrack Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Red Deer, AB
    Hi Rainyday - The interview is scheduled for Oct 8th and the course starts shortly after - I'm having second thoughts about it now as although I know it could lead into a very high paying job its 6k up front and 30 days without any income, so I'm questioning it.

Tomorrow I have an interview at Koch Fuels - Hauling fluid for Petro Canada, I think thats the direction I want to head in right now. Its local to Red Deer and home every night. I'll see what they offer as I'm coming in now with near 2 years of oilfield experience, all my tickets and a clear class 1.

They called me up, seem pretty interested - so here goes nothin ;)

rainyday lover Thanks this.
  8. northboundhound

northboundhound Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Fort St John, BC
    Supposed to be a good outfit that doesn't just hire warm bodies/seasonal people with a pulse.
    Their equipment sometimes looks ratty but they have really good tech and infrastructure.
    They seem like they have their act together and on their jobs, people seem to know what they are doing, definitely not a rabble of goofs falling over their own shoelaces.
    Some of the designs of their down hole tools from years ago are still used to this day.
    I think they would offer really good long term career prospects and opportunities to get into various services. Plus future international prospects.

oilfield Thanks this.
  9. Alberta Bound

Aug 11, 2013
    thanks for the reply!
    I have a background in cryogenics, do you know who might be hiring new N2 drivers?

10. northboundhound

northboundhound Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Fort St John, BC
    Trican, Sanjel ("Now Hiring All Positions"), Canyon, Halliburton, Baker Hughes. Maybe Calfrac?

Ferus and Praxair I believe require three years Class 1 experience.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  11. rainyday lover

rainyday lover Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Transcona, MB
    I see you grinning about Koch. I have observed their equipment, looks clean & well-maintained.:biggrin_25514:

There was a time 6k up-front and 30 days no income would have been a total deal-breaker for me. :biggrin_25513: am completely empathetic for your position, as I knew it well. Today, is a different story. I can swing it and it would not deter me.

Pursue the dream. Both directions are pretty positive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.