Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Flem37

Flem37 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Regina, SK
    So Nitrogen your company is based in Crossfield? I'm willing to move anywhere in Alberta, but being close to Calgary (or Airdrie) as a home base would be ideal. I do understand that you pretty much work all over when you're on your hitch. Just thinking about days off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    yeah we're based in Crossfield, so only 20 minutes or so to get into Calgary

4. Flem37

Flem37 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Regina, SK
    Sounds good. So things should really begin to pickup in mid june then?

5. nitrogen

nitrogen Medium Load Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    i would expect

Flem37 Thanks this.
  6. Roadwarriorking

Roadwarriorking Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Miami, Fl
    as a Driver.?.....i how was ur paycheck weekly..?.......someone said in other forum that he's friend is working on Flint and is making make $3500.00 weekly....is hard to believe....is that truth..?...

7. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    I wasn't working for flint, they were interested in hiring me now. I'm going another route though, don't want to run a vac truck. A 50' long shop vac is too dang loud for me lol!

That kind of money is definitely possible driving in the patch. I can make up to $3300 a week at one job I was offered just because of the long hours 7 days a week. Was common to make over $2500 a week in my last job.

Don't expect that to be a normal week for the average flint employee though, not likely. Lot's of $9000 to $10,000 a month jobs to be had in that business. Saskatchewan is booming too, don't rule them out.

Having all your tickets helps if you are willing to work for a smaller comany to get some oilfield experience. You may not get the big benefit package with them but still can make over $100,000 a year if you can handle the hours...

Brit101 and oilfield Thank this.
  8. spinner11

spinner11 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2012
    crediton england
    i,m getting no reply,s from any trucking company i,ve sent my CV to , i have been driving class 1 for 15 years in the uk and now want to come to canada , but i need a job offer to get a work permit, can anyone let me know if i,m best going to an employment agency or still keep sending my CV to the trucking companies, i,m really tempted to just jump on a plane and come and look for work and secure a job offer before i apply for the relavent visas and work permits, i have driven lowbed/flatbed , containers , pipes, fuel tankers , all types of heavy equipment, help me please

9. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    Are you just sending resumes, or phoning and talking to them? I would think you'd have to talk to them rather than just send a resume. licensedtokill on this board would be a good guy to talk it over with, usually willing to help another driver out when he can.

10. jobs

jobs Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2012
    n.s
    Can someone give me some names of companies that are good to work for.Don`t really care where in alberta.

11. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    What kind of companies are you looking for. Google indeed.ca

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.