Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. lerxst

lerxst Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2014
    This used to be the busiest thread in the Canadian Truckers Forum.

Lets hope things pick up again. The sooner the better.

Pullin2 and kfzr2 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. northboundhound

northboundhound Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2012
    Fort St John, BC
    Sad times.

Personally I'd write off 2016, maybe look for something in 2017. By then a lot of guys will have settled for non-oilfield work, got out of the industry, and the service companies will have a hell of a job finding people. They'll be going back through the cycle of hiring green hands and overpaying everyone. It might tempt me, but I doubt it very much. I know plenty of others in the same situation.

4. spirituallity58

spirituallity58 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Well i went up in last june couldnt buya job driving since 88 and from ontario one guy from husky energy told u will never get work he was right and thet was in lloyminster. Tried again no work recently talked with terminal manger at kindersley he said dont come price off oil is down i can go on and on , even a well respected guy in bc logging says they done want us their so better luck if u can do it all i am saying

5. belowspeedlimit

belowspeedlimit Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Oil country
    Times are lean. If you haven't been laid off chances are you've taken a pay cut. Jobs are scarce out here.

nate980 and dustinbrock Thank this.
  6. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    wait......... there's still a oil field???

I thought the ndp got rid of that already?

nate980 Thanks this.
  7. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    Not yet but they are working on it. (I think it's the ONLY thing they are working on other than campaigning for Mulcair).

nate980 and dustinbrock Thank this.
  8. nate980

nate980 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Langley BC
    It's even more depressing how much rate cutting is going on. Turning a penny profit is still a profit to some company's which is sad...

Sarabeara and Licensed to kill Thank this.
  9. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    I think a lot of that is from poorly managed companies that are carrying too much debt and HAVE to keep rolling even if it just breaks even to keep the wolf from the door. The companies that were managed well through the boom aren't carrying all that debt and will park their equipment before running it for nothing. It's ALWAYS the poorly managed companies that drive down rates.

10. spirituallity58

spirituallity58 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2015
    Okay from what i heard there is getting to be a lot more players in the game which i found out from talking and listening to people whilein lloydminster. When the pie gets divided up the pieces get more smaller and then oil comps pay less and so on . im just sayin

11. kfzr2

kfzr2 Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Was lucky for this long. Just announced our rate cuts for spring. Hopefully not a drastic drop.......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.