Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Diletantte Driver

Diletantte Driver Light Load Member

May 5, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    46 now..
    And I wish you luck.
    You can probably count on spending two years getting your driving thing on the go. If you can manage that then you will get your wish.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    Hey guys, I got really lucky, after applying and talking to the frac companies, I chose to try fluid hauling up by Elk Point. It is 95% highway work, up near Fort Mac each day, pump on, then back down near Elk Point, pump off. 12 - 15 hour days, live in the truck, 14 on 7 off and making 10 - 12k/month. I find it boring sometimes up and down highway 63, but it seems to be the gravy job and pays really well. I found it on kijiji. Mostly experienced guys in this job but a guy gave me a break, brand new 2012 kenworth and super b's!

oilfield Thanks this.
  4. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    Congratulations. I've seen ads for that area fairly regularly. Have you been doing it long?

5. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    THANKS! just did my first round, straight outta driving school, the owner was really patient and said no double clutch, no brake, smooth shifts and jake to stop, showed me the ropes and after 4 days i was on my own. Home now for days off and go back up Sunday for another round. It really is an easy job and pays well.

6. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    You are getting lots of highway experience with oilfield wages, that's great. Super b is great for the resume too! Well done.

7. Coondawg

Coondawg Bobtail Member

May 9, 2012
    Macon Georgia
    Hello everyone, i am curious if these companies hire U.S. drivers? if so what would be the process of hiring on in Canada?

8. Pinner

Pinner Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2010
    B.C.
    North Dakota has the same good paying jobs.

9. moondog67

moondog67 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2012
    chatham
    because of all the help i got from this site i now have a fly in/out job with westcan in alberta rotation is 6weeks out 2 weeks home tons of perks if anyone is interested in the posting i can give you the link i know they are still hiring ...

10. jamesg

jamesg Light Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Vernon, BC
    hey moondog, whats the approx $$ and do they pay flights, accomodations meals?

11. moondog67

moondog67 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2012
    chatham
    they pay by the km not the mile .3354 per km for training period then .3567 after following is the exact job posting if you have any other questions feel free to ask

AZ drivers for an Western Canada transportation giant. Our client is one of the most proactive, safety conscious, innovative organization in the industry. The company is in growth mode and needs drivers to operate it's stunning brand new fleet of over 250 tractor trailers. Our client has a #1 safety first culture, and provide an extensive training package to all new candiates. The location of the position is in either Alberta or Saskatchewan. The shifts will be straight 6 weeks, and 2 off OR straight 8 weeks and 2 off. Our client will extend airline tickets to fly back and forth from the terminal to anywhere in Canada for every 2 week period taken during the year. Permanent relocation is also available with a generous relocation package. Initial flights are provided, and all accomodations and meals are supplied during the orientation and training periods.
    This is an incredible opportunity. First year compensation is $65k-$75k with opportunities to go over $100k after the first year. Other compensation opportunities include a 3% of salary safety bonus, and a generous benefits package after 36 weeks.
    The successful candidate must have an AZ licence and a minimum of 1-2 years experience, a clean drivers abstract, and be willing to work the schedule described. Any experience driving fluid tankers, delivering liquid fertilizer,sulfur or asphalt would be a definite asset.

oilfield, peted and Canadian-ay Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.