Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    Lol I give you less than three months with trican in estevan. You will have at least 2 offers a month from gibsons and johnsons to work for more.

oilfield Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    Gibsons does fluid hauling, less labor intensive than trican too.

4. peted

peted Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2012
    pe
    Sounds good lol

5. bobbyt

bobbyt Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    That's ok if you want to sit on you ### and do nothing all day at a dead end job. If you want to climb the ladder, get some exercise and learn something then that's not the was to go.

6. BoomTruckin

BoomTruckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Devon, Alberta
    Agreed.

I am an equipment operator and worker first, driver second.

There is more opportunity if you stay with a company than always chasing the almighty dollar at every turn.

The employer I am parting ways with has been my employer for almost 11 years. I have gone from a general labourer all the way up to site supervisor. I wish to attain more than what he can offer right now, so I am parting ways respectfully.

Just a thought.

peted and oilfield Thank this.
  7. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    How on earth does fluid hauling constitute a dead end job or sitting on your butt? The fact is that trican lowballs people for the job market in se Saskatchewan. Most people out here can get either more per hour or ease into a commission job where they don't have to work 60 hours a week to get that money. Alberta boys they send out here tend to change companies if they stay too long. And gibsons, johnson or any of the murrey group companies are hardly small dead end companies.

8. moondog67

moondog67 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2012
    chatham

not to mention westcan

9. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Think about it. Hook up hose, open valve, turn pto on, sit on ### in truck till trailer full (1/2 hour) close valve, unhook hose, turn pto off. Sit on ### and drive to next location, repeat. Boy that exciting. For As many trucks that are out there how fast do you think you will climb the corporate ladder. Not very fast as the majority of the trucks doing this around the province are lease operators so you would have to quit the o/o then move into the office.

10. bobbyt

Jan 29, 2009
    Edmonton ab.
    Just out of curiosity, why do you have a hate on for Trican. When ever someone posts something about Trican, you have to put them down.

11. cariboo_kid

cariboo_kid Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Sask, Canada
    What is it about rigging in or pumping cement, cleaning the mud off your truck etc that is so much fun?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.