Alberta oilfield driving jobs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by hup, Sep 7, 2011.

1. TheYoungBuck

TheYoungBuck Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Lacombe, AB
    My brother starts for Sanjel next week. Based out of red deer.

He will be in cementing.

He has his journeyman in auto repair, but has decided to switch careers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Onetrack

Onetrack Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Red Deer, AB
    Nice, my brother in law is hired in frac in red deer as well.. he's in red deer from the 22nd for his 4 days of paperwork then hes off to calgary for training on the 28th

4. EHB

EHB Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Newfoundland
    Did you think of this. Most companys will only give you the job with good pay if and only if you have experence. Now if you have no experience , then where so you get the experence if no one hires you? You may bash them but they will hire anyone for any job, that is great for anyone looking for work and make money to pay bills. And for the most important thing, food to eat. If you look for a high paying job and they are looking for someone with 5 year experence and you only got 2 years under your belt, where do you go? You and others may not like it but Trican or other companys keep the oil sands going, so sit back and injoy the ride till the oil runs out.

5. itsneversafe

itsneversafe Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Victoria BC
    Right out of your own mouth five pages back where you said it.
    And you heaved in on fluid haulers and nitrogen on your own accord with no prompts from me.
    I get it, your fat and out of shape and like working harder but why does that mean you can act like hauling sand is better or different than any other bulk haul? Don't blow smoke up my ### about running the truck being harder, the operators for the cement tell you how fast to go and you do what they say or get booted off the lease. Other than that you are just hooking up hose and running the pump like the rest if us. And your not running anymore lines than I am on a service call to a rig tank on the far side of a lease.
    As to slanting trican I am not really, they are what they are and their high turnover rate gets people a place to start. I don't think many choose to dwell there if they get recruited for better money. You however foam at the mouth and aggressively attack anyone who questions or disputes you. When I was dubious of your claim class 5 license holders were being hired and sent straight to get their class 1 at company expense you were immediately defensive and claimed I was calling you a liar. When nitrogen talked about which jobs were more dirty and labour intensive you attacked him as well.
    Now someone is coming into estevan and you attack his option to quickly move to a better company. Is Pete moving here to get a corporate job or drive truck? Why would you care if he moved to a different company? Are you hoping for a recruitment bonus if he stays 6 months?

6. Flem37

Flem37 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Regina, SK
    Well I'm not able to transfer, so back to square one. What companies are taking on class 5s currently? I've applied at Trican, Baker Hughes, and Calfrac in Red Deer in person and heard nothing, but that was back in February. I'm thinking of heading back the end of June/beginning of July to apply at places in person again.

7. BoomTruckin

BoomTruckin Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Devon, Alberta
    My friend got hired with a class 5 licence, but had a referral from within.

When I get out there I will post if they are looking.

But sitting and thinking about all these companies who constantly hire new employees, what are some of the factors that gives them such a high turnover rate? Long hours? Cold? Mud? Money?

It won't sway my decision, just trying to understand it all.

8. Onetrack

Onetrack Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Red Deer, AB
    I'm in Red Deer now (frac, sanjel), my brother in law only has a class 5, i referred him in.. Apparently the cement / pumping services here just landed 2 big contracts and they're looking, thats at a different yard than I am at but still Red Deer.

He starts on the 22nd, then 28th in Calgary for 2 weeks of training, then he'll start on his class 1.. probably have it within 2 months of being hired. They'll pay for his class 1, they would ' like ' him to stay for a year and then its paid out, if he leaves before that its pro-rated, if he leaves the next morning after passing his road test he's only on the hook for 3k.

9. pdizzle

pdizzle Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2011
    any camp jobs left out there for us maritimers?

10. TheYoungBuck

TheYoungBuck Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Lacombe, AB
    How is breakup treating everyone?

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary

She cleaned out my bank account and took everything, including my dog, while I was out-of-town.

Oh, you meant spring breakup.

Not too bad. It has been slow the last couple of weeks, but things are starting to pick up now. The bans have come off a few roads already.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.