Alcohol test

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bdog, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    How long can alcohol be detected? Not dui levels but any use at all. I know of a company (that I don’t work for) that is not driving related and they prohibit alcohol use period. Curiousness has me wondering if there are tests for alcohol beyond BAC? By that I mean if say someone drank it up Friday night is there any possible way to detect it Monday morning?

I am sure if you drink at night there is some residual the next morning but beyond that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jt road hammer

jt road hammer Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2018
    possible yes it can be detected

CrappieJunkie and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If I had one shot I waited 8 hours. Two shots 16 and so on. Before driving. The two big things is overall body weight and liver metabolizing alcohol.

BAC can be captured in two ways, mouth tester and blood within a limited time.

As a practical matter I do not drink much since the late 80's but if you did on Friday night you should be ok to go Monday. That does not mean you can put down a gallon of liquor or something outrageous.

jt road hammer Thanks this.
  5. jt road hammer

Oct 26, 2018
    if you drink in small amounts you should be okay.

not alot at one time

6. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Nope it is gone in 24 hours.

I think you are drunk now because I see two of you!

tscottme and buddyd157 Thank this.
  7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Muslims or Baptists?

8. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    Sorry but you're last line made me think of my favorite movie. Lol.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Even if you got hammered. A full weekend should be fine.

Alcohol is just liquid form basically. It don't stick in your system like THC does.

If you got hammered saturday night. Even monday morning probably wouldn't have much of a trace.

As for how long it takes to run out. Depends on amount consumed and weight. And how long it's been since the last party.

Me, after working all week. Won't be able to drink as much on friday as i can on saturday. IF I were still partying. I don't drink much these days.

10. jt road hammer

Oct 26, 2018
  11. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Thanks guys. Some of you are missing the point of the question though. I am not talking about how long to wait after drinking before driving what I am wondering is how long alcohol can be detected.

If a persons employer strictly prohibits drinking at all and they test for it how long can it be detected was the question. I think it is a pretty big overreach for an employer to tell someone they can’t drink at all even on their off time especially when it is a M-F job. I know for sure if one drinks at night there is a detectable amount the next morning and I am careful of this when driving. If you drink Friday night or heck even Saturday night and get a zero tolerance alcohol test Monday morning is anything going to show up that long after the drinking?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.