Alignment ....

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Mahertruck, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Mahertruck

Mahertruck Light Load Member

Mar 9, 2017
    How much usually you pay for the Alignment .... cascadia 125 .2015
    My tractor go right of the road when I take my hand out of the steering just tow second right away I feel going right is that normal ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Crown of road?

Wind from the left feeding a storm out west?

Low air pressure in your steer?

There isnt enough information.

Let's say youre out of alignment, you would know it when she wont run straight. Take it to a company shop and let them deal with the problem, it will take about a day, cheapest option.

Otherwise heavy alignment of a full tractor say at peters Springs in Baltimore downtown would be around 1500 dollars depending on a number or stack of factors and problems way beyond this post. Ive had a couple tractors aligned there in my time.

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    MD Alignment in Kansas City Missouri Alignment Solution guy named Chad

The factory spec alignment is no good.. people will use the laser alignment system and the shop give you pint out showing you the print out. People always say nothing is wrong it's within factory spec. The problem is factory spec is no good. Look at his first video you see why the lasee alignment are not very good. He has like 40 years truck experience.

MD Alignment

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Peter Springs does NOT charge 1500 for an alignment.

6. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    3 axle was just done on mine. it was a 285.00 job,or free with a set of drives.

7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I set my own alignment,(toe). But I don't go off roading , hoping curbs,etc. My truck pretty much goes straight. Pipe wrench, spray paint, 2x4 with a long nail thru it and the wrenches to break the tie rod.
    I'm to tired to write today. Long week and was rotating all 10 ten today. Age must be catching up to me.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That is not the only thing done to the tractor that day, it arrived with major problems. Heavy shop work. Beyond the scope of this thread. It took about 12 hours total labor time to get it all done.

9. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    Sounds extensive. They're well respected and have been around forever. Unfortunately, I've spent thousands there. It's also convenient for me since I can catch the light rail home too if I need to leave the truck.

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Yes that reputation is why we took that tractor there. They did a great job that day, really good.

It's really hard to understand in this world of fly by night shops that come and go, but am very pleased that Peters is still in the business. They probably will fix our children's childrens trucks in the future long after we are gone.

If anyone wants a good shop, that would be it.

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  11. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    Agreed. They do much more than suspension work too as I'm sure you already know.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.