All large companies are bad

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by landmine, Mar 26, 2008.

1. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    Job is only as good as you make it. I quite some good jobs to work for a better job and Wished I would have quite.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

The best Company is the Company that you own. But when you work for someone else they all can be good or bad, pending how you look at things.

4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California

I've worked for myself before, and I didn't like the
    way I treated myself. :biggrin_25512:

5. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

Now that is Funny.

6. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    TMC Has almost 3200 trucks (Counting dedicated trucks, daycabs etc) And i enjoy driving for them. They take very good care of me. I think this is owed to the small "Fleets" that they have setup, though. Which limits the amount of drivers any single dispatcher can have on his or her fleet, if you get to know your FM you'll do well here and be taken care of.

(Providing you aren't a whiny baby that expects miracles every other day ofcourse)

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California

So, ...... I reckon expectin' miracles EVERYday is outta the question? :biggrin_25525: :yes2557: :biggrin_25512: :yes2557: :smt102:biggrin_2559:

8. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    Gotta add that. The majority of the drivers / people on here that i find complaining about TMC are the ones that had no idea what they were getting into when they came into the industry. So unfortunately they expect alot from the company, and when they don't get what they expected the company suddenly becomes the enemy.

However, if you're diplomatic and are aware of what you're getting into (This aint no 9 to 5 that's for #### sure) TMC will treat you pretty well.

It's sorta like my disclaimer :D

9. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Lurch,, you work for May,, does the owner Marvin May still have the philosophy 'do it or get fired'?? they line you out on a load or other job then always said do it or get fired,, I know this as i worked for May in payette idaho at the shop,, wasnt a driver,, every morning they lined us out on what we were to fix and repair then said do it or get fired,, i told them i was tired of that, and i didnt want to hear it anymore,, a week and a half later i was fired for telling them i was tired of hearing that. Also for newbies getting experience i agree with others when it comes to local driving, pound the pavement and see what you can do,, i started out driving farm trucks when i was 17 years old,, i have 19 to 20 years local experience and 5 to 6 years of over the road.. i liked the good money i made over the road for one company but never being able to come home after the home time was scheduled 2 weeks in advance then be told they just cant get me a load to go home, when i was 3 miles from home on the interstate i was running..some smaller companies especially family owned can be good, Now i am working for a company where i deliver rv trailer frames on a flat bed trailer, 197 miles one way,, the great thing is i dont have to run a log book and dont have to cross scales due to not being up to the weight for the scales,, i am home every night and home on weekends,, start pay isnt great but isnt bad,, i was layed off once but hope that wont happen anytime soon again we are going gang busters now,, keep looking the right job is out there.

10. inthewindaz

inthewindaz Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    So is your current company hiring? :)

11. tnccrutcher

tnccrutcher Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Hayward,Ca
    Iam from the bay area do you know any trucking co. that has a similiar driving and pay package.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.