All State Truck School Philly PA

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Doom Radick, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Doom Radick

Doom Radick Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2017
    So there's this trucking school up near Philly PA that I have been looking into and I was wondering if any of you fine people so happen to have went there or know anything about it. Any input or reviews bout it? Should I go? Or should I look at a different school or option?

And for those who don't know anything bout it. Here's some quick info: They have been around since the 70s, the school is somewhere between 10-11K(forgot exact #), and the school is for 6 months.

Any help is appreciated and if you have any questions, ask. I'm here to answer cuz I need help figuring out what I should do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Too expensive and too long. You only need 160 hr. school, which is 4 weeks.
    There should be some cheap 160 hr. schools nearby, either private schools or community college schools. Some community college schools only cost a couple thousand.
    Roehl Transport in Besalem,PA will pay you $500.00 a week to attend their school plus provide lodging and meals. You will be required to pass a hair follicle drug test.

4. Ugly

Ugly Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2016
  5. Doom Radick

Jan 26, 2017
    Yeah but if all possible i would like to avoid a situation where i sign a contract for two years or so. Then again, what is your input on that? I just fear being stuck with a company that i won't like, screw me over, or not pay me a good salary.

I'll give them a call. Pretty weird for them to not have a price for the training though. Don't know if i would call it a red flag in my book, but something to point out nonetheless.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roehl has a good reputation; doubt you'll have a problem with that company.
    A cheap 160 hr. school is all you need along with a hazmat endorsement. Plenty of trucking companies to choose from then. You wanting coast to coast or what? Tankers, refrigerated, flatbed?

Probably no prices on AAA School of Trucking because too many variables. Maybe you're qualified for state assisstance, veteran assistance, etc. Your out of pocket money will be different depending on your circumstances.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  7. Doom Radick

Jan 26, 2017
    I've heard good things about roehl and a family member just told me recently to look into Schneider, JB Hunt, and Covenant as well. I have also told myself to get all endorsements as every person and source I have read and talked to says there is no reason not to.

For what I want to do, I have no idea. I want to drive either regional or national at first to gain the experience and eventually move on to local as I want to go back to college at some point, just my main and current goal right now is to increase my income.

Im just a 21 year old so no veteran support and I can't do state assistance due to other complications. But either way out of pocket won't be a problem as I will be looking into all 4 of these trucking companies instead if they are good companies with good schools. As long as I don't sign a contract longer than a year.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Schneider is ok in the bulk (tanker division). Covenant is really set up for teams with hazmat endorsement.
    Here's some that hire 21 yr. old new cdl grad drivers:
    Schuster - major account is Blue Bunny Ice Cream.
    Superior-Carriers - hazmat tanker
    J&R Schugel - refrigerated
    System Transport - flatbed
    Navajo Express - refrigerated
    Roehl Transport

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  9. Doom Radick

Jan 26, 2017
    Gotcha. But I don't have a CDL yet so that information is just there for when I am out of contract and what not correct? And that basically all the companies you listed are good, it's just whoever will pay more is the one I should aim for right?

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Some will reimburse tuition if you paid for tuition yourself.
    Superior-Carriers probably make the most right out of school; $65K+. They only recruit from certain schools though; don't know which ones.

Schneider Bulk reimburses up to $7000.00 tuition. Most companies reimburse anywhere from $5K - $7K.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  11. Doom Radick

Jan 26, 2017
    In that case would it be just easiest to get experience by company sponsored training like roehl? Or is a private school a better option?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.