All truckers unite april1,2011 shut em down

Discussion in 'Truckers Strike Forum' started by dieselsmoke343, Feb 10, 2011.

1. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    Anybody notice the OP seems to be out of work, jumping from a bad lease, and asking about others?

Not to mention April Fools Day ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blood

Blood Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    KCMO

:biggrin_2559:

You're killin' me! :biggrin_2551:

dave kapp and Tazz Thank this.
  4. chikintrkin379

chikintrkin379 Bobtail Member

Owner Operators have ben trying to organize a strike for the last 20 or so years but alot of company drivers don't have the balls to shut down if you can't have 100% partisapation than why bother it has to be done as a whole not a half and it has to be when the country relies on trucks to deliver to the stores {like Christmas time) most of us take time off at that time of the year anyway lets all take a vacation

5. jardel

jardel Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    BUFORD,GA
    very true ooida a joke scam big time .regarding the strike i;m in.

6. jardel

jardel Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    BUFORD,GA
    i'm a european i have live here for more than a decade is true in europe is like national sport they dont like something they strike special farmers they bring their tracteours on the hwy and they block every hwy for wecks.i'm in anyway in order to get something:biggrin_255: we all of as has to do something.gest like now i'm standing here in california nobady wants to pay anyting so i'll gest sit here till i get what i want to make a living.

7. hopper

hopper Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newcastle,Okla
    company drivers and owner operaters,it is not just the fuel prices. It has been years since we have had a significant pay increase, and with new dot reg coming down the pike things are going to be difficult to say the least. we are going to have to do something. it would not take but a few days to get peoples attention.

8. Flying Finn

Flying Finn Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    True Hopper, is there ANY other industry where the workers have not gotten a raise, even a cost of living increase, for as long as transport drivers? NOPE! There is not. Why? They would all raise Cain if the businesses tried it for over 5 to 10 years. Never mind the 20+ that drivers have had no real cost of living allowance or real raises.

Something does need to be done. Voices need to be heard by government rather than just complaining on the CB or web.

9. MMLog

MMLog Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Longwood, FL
    There is an easy fix to the situation. You don't have to shut down just stop hauling freight for less than $1.00 a mile. I called on a load this morning - they want to pay $250 to pu in AZ and go to CA 376 miles. I laughed in her face. Same in Florida. Out of state truckers come here, want to get out and will take anything to get out of here, which makes it bad for the rest of us. Leave it sit and deadhead out. I live in this state and have deadheaded out many of times to avoid the $.75 a mile BS. I don't know who is hauling the freight for this kind of money, but you are the ones killing the industry.

Les2, NYROADIE, jimmys and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

It's got nothing to do with "balls" . I'm happy with my job and have never made as much$$ for doing so little! So tell me just why would I risk my cushy little gig for _______ what?? cheaper fuel? better HOS?

11. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY

Try auto bodymen or mechanics, once they hit the top of there ability thats it no more. Do you really think its just truckin?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.