AllWin Trucking School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by slamjet, Nov 12, 2008.

1. slamjet

slamjet Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anyone have any experience with Allwin (All Win?) Truck Driving School out of Upland, CA? They say that for $750.00 they will give:

- 6-Weeks of training
    - Physical
    - Drug Testing
    - All the apps & DMV costs
    - Guaranteed job (even before I would graduate)
    - Classes starting each Monday
    - Criminal record OK as long as it was 3 - 5 years back

It's not free (which I was looking for originally, run by the Teamsters, but did not qualify because of a record) but it seems like it would be a good start. Or am I just being gullible?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. countrycruisers

countrycruisers Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Vienna, IL
    Never heard of that school but that dosnt mean anything. If they are lagit then it will save you a couple of grand that a trucking company would charge you over a period of six months to a year. Either way wherever you go you will hve to be with a trainer for a few weeks befor you get your own truck. If they get you your drivers license and a cirtificate of completion then you should be good to go. Concentrate on shifting and backing, the rest comes when you get with your trainer. Well, it all comes when you get with your trainer its just alot easyer if you can at least shift they gears without dropping the trani. and have a good grasp on backing a trailer. Do that and your half way there. Peace.

4. redriversix

redriversix Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2008
    They are totally MIS-MANAGED..they fired the only certified instructor because he asked for his paycheck ( it was a week overdue)..he was the ONLY one there who had ANY trucking experience,and held the place together..they have one old beat up Freightliner that is broken down,most of the time.Most of the new students leave within the first week,without learning,and without their money.The owners daughter is on a power trip,and likes believe she is superior to everyone because she is hindu,and has a two year online degree in business.Stay way from this place.

5. Honest2U

Honest2U Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Sacramento,CA
    I am a former student of Allwin Trucking School from Santa Rosa,CA. Honestly, it is a great school. They arranged great accomodation for me at a cheap price, they also finished my training in a short time understanding my urgency to go back home. The owners are really nice too, very co-operative and they take personal interest in the school's future, not like other schools where the owners dont even care.....the price is right....$750 for a 4 week training is the cheapest price I found in the market. Its a good school & I recommend Allwin Trucking School to every student out there looking for the right oppurtunity.

6. redriversix

redriversix Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2008
    No one has ever competed Allwin ON TIME..most of the time,something is wrong with the truck..and at 16/1 student to instructor ratio in the yard,your not receiving much one on one time/behind the wheel time with the instructor,who,I might add,is not a qualified instructor,just a truck driver who was burnt out on OTR..I'm speaking of Mac,who is a nice guy,but not a QUALIFIED instructor..neither is Kashaul,who is teaching in the classroom..she has never been in a truck..she puts on a dvd for the students,or has them read,while she is in the outer office making phone calls..the "new" school facilities are an office trailer with room for four student desks in back of a trucking business in between two dairies..it's NOT very nice..You dont believe me?..go to the school and have a look..ask for some phone numbers of graduates..there are not very many of them..and they are not happy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.