Almost 1,000 20 year Drivers with Averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by tscottme, Nov 13, 2016.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

In company newsletter they announced that the company is nearly at 1,000 drivers with 20 years at the company. That's out of about 5,000 total drivers, IIRC. Averitt isn't for everybody, and it's not Paradise. Every company can be better, just like every driver.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    I'm so confused about what to think of this company. I live near Chattanooga and thought about driving for them, but I'll see one good review followed by several bad reviews it seems. Oh well, I guess that's the same with most companies.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  4. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn

I have been with Averitt for a little over 3 years and I am happy here.
    One thing for sure is that this is trucking and things don't always go the way I like but the customer has to have service

I agree that Averitt is not for everyone and for them they will move on

bamamac, Texas_hwy_287 and jlawson1979 Thank this.
  5. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    That's 20%...That's pretty darn good for a non-union carrier- if those numbers aren't skewed, That has Got to be a Good company, True statistics don't lie.

if 20% of your driving force has 20 years or more.......That's a Winner in my book

6. tscottme

17 years & counting

7. tscottme

If you can like how the company works, it doesn't change, you can stay long time. If you don't like how the company works, it doesn't change, you'll leave.

The benefits are good, company pays probably 75% of cost for benefits. There is no monkey-business with paychecks. It's predictable. In an unstable industry predictable is good.

They like boy scouts for employees. You'll do things their way. Trucks are parked at their yards when you are home. You either live with that or you don't. Their way is reasonable, IMO. I would like to be paid overtime, but they don't so I work as few OT hours as possible. I don't do OTR.

8. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Yeah, I live in Cleveland, TN 30 minutes from their Chattanooga terminal. Personally I like the idea of parking the truck at a terminal I guess because I would feel that it's in a safe area.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    TransWood has a terminal in Cleveland.

Texas_hwy_287 and jlawson1979 Thank this.
  10. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I work for averitt as well and I have to say I'm happy with them, just like everybody says this company is not everyone.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  11. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    Took me 2 years but I have been in a day cab for a little over a year now

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.