Already have my Class A CDL, Hazmat and Doubles and Triples Endorsements

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by theboss3453, Jul 22, 2014.

1. theboss3453

theboss3453 Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2014
    What benefit is their to having these already. From my understanding, I still have to go to a school to get 160 hours of training. So what good does this do? Just curious. Thank You

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Simple... It's one less thing you'll have to do and if your going to one of the mega's for training you'll be steps ahead of the majority of the other students...

4. turnanburn

turnanburn Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2011
    central Vermont
    You have a CDL, you can drive a truck without getting any further schooling. It's just that most carriers need to show some training to get you on their insurance. Some carriers also insist on their training programs because they are profitable rackets they run on the side. Search the site for threads on refresher courses, which are less duration. You could also find a job and go to work, it will just be a challenge to make the connection with someone who can put you on.

5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Don't know what side of the country or your intentions of being local or Otr. But my company would hire you right now as a local city driver at USF Reddaway. LTL is hurting for drivers. YRC, USF Holland, Reddaway, New Penn. Try getting on with a LTL carrier. ABF, Old Dominion, Conway freight get drivers cdl's so you might be able to squeeze in go apply. Don't look at the requirements just apply.

6. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Another good post.

Follow above advice for 50% more pay than the average bunny.

Radman, Tonythetruckerdude and C & C Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.