Amazon Box Trucks in Northeast?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Proxy, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Proxy

Proxy Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Anyone run box trucks for Amazon in the Northeast? we've been running tractors for a while now but haven't dabbled with box trucks yet. What are the rates like? any base rate etc?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    Uber will merge wit Amazon's

4. Jbolden205

Jbolden205 Bobtail Member

May 27, 2019
    Hello if you have a contact person to reach out to, if possible please share some light. Been looking to run for Amazon for almost a year.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Why?

Cat sdp, Tb0n3 and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  6. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I'll second that one.

7. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    I have started my company, have talk to Phil the program manager and got my onboard packet via email. But I need to show that I pretty much have found work and will be able to repay my loan which I have secured. A letter of intention from Amazon.

8. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    What kind of freight are you running, what kind of truck, where did you get your experience? I only ask because I was a package car driver at UPS for 15 years and I ####ing cringe everytime I see one of those sprinters backing out of a driveway into a busy road or the box trucks with ######## piled halfway up the windshield going down the road. That is one rookie ### company.
    @Jbolden205

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  9. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    Well, I have six years in the US Marine Corp as motor pool Cheif, and I have worked at Sysco food as a route coordinator, and I just recently left XPO Logistics as the the NorCal Operations manager. So experience is there, that why I started my own business. I have drivers ready to go. Did not buy trucks.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. Jbolden205

May 27, 2019
    Power only, terminal to terminal and some local line haul work. Live ten minutes down the road from SMF #1

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  11. FlaSwampRat

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Just make sure you know what you are getting into. I would hate to see you back the wrong conceptual horse. You have some experience so you know the rep they have out here and how they do business. I have never seen so many trash drivers in my life, if you are gonna run a business with Amazon be better than that....you know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.