Amazon now a Freight Brokerage, Slashing rates 30% below market nationally.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by x1Heavy, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Lower percentage is on capital gains not income tax, Big difference when it comes to tax brackets vs capital gains taxes.

Please don’t mix the both together, the top tax bracket is 37% for the top earners on a w2.

Investments is totally different, investors take the risk they should get a better deal.

It’s not my fault that the way to get rich is to take risks and invest.

I’m not an accountant but I am a high school drop out that made millions and lost it all in big gambles, government taxes and knock off artists.

I paid a lot more then my employees that’s for sure, a lot more.

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Love this video. Not political just facts.

4. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Two retired veterans I know, one of them a 2 time Vietnam combat vet, both had to pay 2500 in taxes this year instead of getting a refund as in years past. Shameful when you serve your country and have to pay taxes when your 80 plus years old. Something with this new tax plan ain't right. Company driver per diem is gone..the loss of these deductions also affects others, pilots, traveling salesman etc. Before long we will lose our home mortgage deduction..its all we got left

TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    FDR Busted up the monopolies back in about 1933 I believe. I'll have to look it up. I also think back further to the Gensing Mountain Uprising where the Miltiary was called in to break up the killing among the workers striking etc.

Im sorry if I misconstrued your post as political. Let's see if we can talk about industry in a history lesson instead and maybe talk things over until the cows come home.

It's really hard to work around the political limitation using words to try and explain things that has happened in our history for and against workers who are just ordinary americans. I try to stay in a history state of mind. Maybe learn something.

Be well. Catch you on the flip side.

6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Did they get more in their checks throughout the year? That seems to be the common theme for people that saw less at tax time. People dont really think about that.

PPDCT, JonJon78 and rollin coal Thank this.
  7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I saved about $6k with new tax law with my two businesses. My retired seventy years old in laws saved about $1000

mp4694330 and PPDCT Thank this.
  8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I’m guessing the new way things are working is the ones who paid before are paying less and the ones who didn’t pay before are paying now.

Dino soar and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  9. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Tax STRUCTURE is now different.

That’s the way to approach it. Need a CPA with brains.

10. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    So Amazon opening a brokerage is now affecting tax rates??? Interesting.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  11. repo men are already grabbing trucks and trailers. Seen the Local KW and Utility Trailer with a drop yard full of (New-used) trailers and the KW with trucks in back lot.

hmmmmmm
    amazoncrash1.jpg amazoncrash3.jpg 2crash.jpg

Not really worried about amazon. They are still having problems with moving their own trailers. What makes you think they can do any different with someone elses product.

JonJon78 and Freddy57 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.