Amazon's new Georgia fulfillment center will add 1,000 jobs

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Jul 11, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    Another crappy thing about the jobs are you learn nothing....you leave no better than you arrived. I'm all for low/no skill #### paying jobs if you can use it to better yourself but ya can't. Hell, I'm seriously considering taking on of those no pay jobs currently... driving a beer truck for $1200 a week because my ####### let my CDL lapse and they will give me one. So bad pay (not $15/hr bad, but still not great) but I leave with a shiney new CDL I can use to go somewhere else better after a year. It wouldn't be so bad if you could learn something.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Let’s see what happens to rent costs when building owners realize they can increase it,

Intothesunset and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Amazon also has a full benefits package.
    As for feeding the homeless; we pay federal taxes that's supposed to feed them.
    I don't give to charities because I pay federal income taxes. People that run charities pay themselves enormous amounts of money. I was reading about one the other day that pays himself $10 Million a year and it's perfectly legal.

Intothesunset and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  5. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    Buddy just told me Amazon pay 3.5 per mile to move empty trailers to Texas. Guess prime week is coming

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  6. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Sheesh...don't say it loud, tommorow will be 100s posts "how I sigh with Amazing Amazon directly"....

LoneRanger and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  7. LoneRanger

Jun 3, 2018
    Ya but the lack of power only loads coming back puts him at 1.40 per mile.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Feeding homeless is increasingly a illegal act by new laws. Even if you bought em a burger lunch and handed them the food bag. Its illegal in some areas now.

America grows intolerant of homeless. We feed about a thousand once a month at the church. But they have to come to that church to get the food, which includes a USDA package.

The real problem is that we have run this food program burning several thousand of food products to 400 to 1000 people for the last 16 years or so and well over 70% are the same people coming for the food they depend on. Economics have not lifted them away from not needing church to feed them. Due to particular and basic big changes financially within the church the food program is in danger of itself going away. Once all of that stops. There will be quite a few hungry families.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Regarding the jobs at Amazon, I see no joy in it.

There has been way too much and very specific time management issues and some overwork injuries. In short we have almost become China in this manner. Where you are required to process so many boxes a hour in a high stress environment.

At some point in our future I think whatever can be will be automated. The rest of the humanity deemed surplus and not needed will either be sitting on the porch or reassigned by vocational services to more basic and less fulfilling job work.

I get to be a little difficult growing up remembering the so called workshops for the Deaf and other children with issues too major to allow themselves to be free in society. And these workshops are a way to grind one's morale, sap the joy of living and eventually just turn you into a mindless person who is approaching the point of going postal once the emotions get too great to control.

I see the same thing coming from Amazon and others. Ive got a package order coming, which will not get here until Monday. If I grew impatient I can pay alot of money for the so called Prime Membership and have had it on my porch sunrise the following morning. I refuse to enroll in Prime. I don't need the product that fast.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    you know where else you have to process that many boxes that fast? UPS buuuuttttttt that gets you in time a bid to a driving job which is probably around$40/hr now (it was $36.45/hr when I left two years ago). Nothing wrong with getting your ### kicked for no money if it's going to open doors down the road for you. That also comes with benefits...even when you are part time. You put time in at Amazon and when you get burnt out you choices are to go back to Walmart or collect welfare because you learned how to put toilet paper and a iPad in a box.......

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The Brown people in Searcy unfortunately have trouble from time to time delivering my packages. It goes into the trouble rack for me, John Q Public to show up there in person on Wedensday 5Pm to 6 Pm to collect said box out of that rack.

The problem is not the addressing. It is the turnover of newbies taking the little brown truck out and don't know anything about my county or where we are.

It's a ongoing problem between me and UPS it's unfortunate because Fedex and US Mail as well as other International packaging has been flawless.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.