America is now facing a "food shortage" crisis.

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Moose Holland, May 28, 2022.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    get a rabbit that likes lasagna...???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
  4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    If you belive that article you posted the link too.. then your not very alert to how the food chain really works..
    So my advice to you is educate yourself on how our food chain really works and learn to separate the truth from fictional BS that our government likes to blame others for what they created that is their goal
    BTW.. I've got some ocean front property in AZ. Iam needing to sell so I can buy groceries.. I'll sell it to a a reasonable price if your interested

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2022
  5. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Well, who likes spinach? Lol.

Seriously, if you want spinach, it's available in your area I'm sure. I doubt Walmart is the only place to buy food wherever you are.

We do not use Walmart much at all. We buy almost all our food at the farmers market. Doesn't seem to be any shortages there. Prices have gone up some, but I don't mind it, as I'm supporting a local. We started doing that during COVID. I saw how the gooberment picked who the winners and losers were gonna be and we said f you.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    So no frozen spinach for 2 weeks at a Walmart equals a food shortage?

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    well, to be fair, i went to walmart this morning, and i could not find my 2" Allen brand, gun cleaning patches.........

[​IMG]

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    There is a shortage in every industry. It isn't the current administration's fault either. This is a problem that's brewing long before now. Many baby boomers have retired in recent years. That is a gap there. I think the economy may have outgrown itself. It's wayyyyyy too much commerce given the workforce. I don't see why people think the economy is doing well. When was it ever? I don't know that we ever got out of recession. I don't see how an economy is prosperous when everyone just about, including the government itself has some kind of major debt. I think there is a little bit of over consumerism and there is more shopping and retail than ever. You keep on opening up stores and restaurants, at some point does it not become daunting to supply them? Everything is a high demand globally and to me that's part of the issue.

It ain't so much that people don't want to work, they aren't going to get out here and do the traditional jobs anymore when you can be a "content provider." People are taking work from home jobs, and quite a few people make decent money with those jobs. Why leave the house and commute when you can go to work in your boxers and cut costs?

Driver shortages are real I believe. At some point, the pinch will be felt industry wide. Rates on the spot market may be going down, but the bigger companies will feel it at some point too. These prices will force a major slowdown. It ain't sustainable.

9. Moose Holland

Moose Holland Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2020
    Those autonomous trucks to the rescue? Autonomous factory farming? Robotic warehouses? Robotic food processing?

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    They've recently stated that us up here in Canada could be facing a crisis of sorts due to the fact our population is aged. There are more people retiring than there are entering the workforce. They are not even sure if immigration could possibly keep up, being that there are a number of other countries in a similar position.

Right now our birth rate is 1.4 children per adult woman. I can see that dropping even further in the coming years due to many factors. High cost of living being the major one. Uncertainty of the future being another. Many folks are hesitant bringing kids into today's world or if they do, they only have one.

I believe we're also in the midst of a societal shift. More and more women are chasing careers in their 20s and waiting until the last possible minute to settle into family life. If you start a family in your early to mid 20s, there's ample time to have multiple kids. If you wait until your 30s, chances are you'll only get one kid, possibly 2 if you're lucky.

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Gates needs to disappear. The guy is CREEP, sinister and sick minded. He continuously hung out regularly with Epstein even after he knew what he was about. And that does not happen by accident.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.