America is now facing a "food shortage" crisis.

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Moose Holland, May 28, 2022.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I'm not an expert, but I think we'll be fine, transportation wise.

But I have been looking into becoming more self sufficient. Maybe a modest homestead. So I can produce myself at least some of my essentials.

It feels like a smart play with everything going on and no one wants to work anymore. Everyone wants to be a professional youtuber. No one wants to do essential work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    But there's plenty of Harbour Freight tools.

4. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  5. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    Plenty of other places to shop that will have your frozen spinach.

6. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Hmm
    Raising taxes more and more to leave people with less and less money, complain that birthrates going to hell.
    Why people vote for idiots who can't see 1 step ahead of their nose

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Oh yeah, they have a similar crisis in thr states too. You're sure right about the amount of kids people are having. Times are changing and the women that would have been bare foot and pregnant years ago have evolved to the career woman for sure. I see women well into their forties birthing healthy children. I think some business owners lacked foresight when it came to an aging work force.

8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Everything is the Truck Drivers fault. Just part of the Job.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I do see an opportunity though. As the older generations retire and drop out of the workforce there's a good chance there'll be a lack of available workers. I could see it driving up wages as employers compete for whoever is available. They might mitigate the labour shortage with automation but I just don't see the tech being operational or widely adopted by then.

At some point I think we might see a shrinkage of the economy worldwide as it will need to re-balance itself when the population starts to drop off.

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i'd rather see a low birth rate than to have over crowding like some foreign countries where birth control is not even heard of.

popping out babies like free gumballs in a broken gumball machine

11. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Normally I'd agree with the whole "I hate spinach" sentiment. I will say, I do like it on a sandwich or in a salad. I also like it in the stuffed spinach and ricotta shells I do. Otherwise I hate it. I highly dislike it stewed. Basically I only like it when I can cover it in something...garlic/onion/other good stuff, salad dressing or some kind of aioli. lol.

I'm just saying...this may, or may not be my reaction when someone brings me tacos.

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.