America Midwest Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by combatheavyhauler, May 8, 2012.

1. combatheavyhauler

combatheavyhauler Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2012
    St.Paul, MN
    Here in minnesota there is a company called America Midwest Transportation. They constantly have postings on Craigs List for regional and over the road drivers. I made the huge mistake on driving for this company. Yeah grant it they have good equipment, the freight is okay. But this is one of the worse companies in the US to work for. They run this company like they were back in the 70's. They pay their company drivers straight across the board. They call them "Contract Drivers". Their like "Oh your not really a company driver, we treat you like your a owner/operator and issue you a 1099 at the end of the year." The only way they get away or think they get away from not withholding any type of income taxes or social security is by doing this. you constantly have to stop for to cash comchecks for tolls, god forbid you need to get fuel in twice in one day. if you go over your 500.00 fuel limit on your comcard your going to be held up till midnight cause after 5:00pm your pretty much on your own. They'll deadhead you 150 to 200 miles and you won't be paid for cause your paid on percentage which is a joke and a half. Then when you burned 3 to 4 hours of drive time to get to your load they'll want you to run that load knowingly that you don't have the hours to get to the destination. They don't care about their drivers at all. It's all about them getting their worthless load to the consignee. If you break down or blow out a tire better hope it's during the day so you will be able to talk to someone there. But they lay it on the driver to try to find a road service company to come out and get you going. The owner is a cheap slimeball who cares about nothing but his money and how much he can cheat you out of it. So fellow drivers, be smart and stay away from the likes of garbage like this America Midwest Transportation. They all in all is the bottom of the barrel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. combatheavyhauler

combatheavyhauler Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2012
    St.Paul, MN
    And I forgot to mention that don't do anything that might get your injured. They carry no work comp on the "Drivers". There's no unemployment in case you get layed off or the piece of garbage gets closed down. I'm not the first person to say or hear negitive things about these's trash.

4. Phoenix686

Phoenix686 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Ya, I know what you mean of this place! But try it from the mechanics view, washing a truck takes priority over fixing one, fueling everything that rows with (sad) or without a driver, trailers and trucks half ### maintain just to get them on the road, $8-12 hr / no overtime, 10-14hr days with 1 break, no benefits. To be honest I wouldn't feel comfortable driving for them if u know wats safe....

5. northern mn

northern mn Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2013
    I guess you get out of something what you put into it. Ive purchased fuel twice a day with no issues I rarely cash comchecks, I have had a breakdown at night and was able to remedy the issue with out needing someone to hold my hand. The office staff is second to none and very helpfull. The pay checks are always there on time. The equipment is great nice trucks and trailers with all the bells and whistles for the most part. They treat me great always have and do what I expect, there is the occasional hiccup but it is trucking. I guess it all turns full circle like my opening statement... you get out of it what you want to put into it. If you need someone to hold your hand and or you dont really wanna work your best of looking into a driving school or training program. just my input.

6. mr. nightmare

mr. nightmare Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Worked for them for six years. Loved Barry, treated you fair and followed up on your complaints. God rest your soul. Now the son has control along with a sister who has no clue about trucking. The son is a one way piece of crap who is robbing the drivers blind.When I finally had written proof of his crooked ways I had to leave before I snapped him in half. Hope to have a ####tail with you one day thief.

7. Aceinthehole

Aceinthehole Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up on this horrible company

Kasper42 Thanks this.
  8. tch73

tch73 Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2015
    I heard a lot of crap about them. Typical when the second generation takes over the company.

Kasper42 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.