Analyst sees trucking recovery in 2010

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by rookietrucker, Nov 22, 2009.

1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    And all the pre 2004's will be moving south...back home maybe!:biggrin_25524:

Big Don Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    When I was in the service back in the Stone-age...mind you......

The old jeeps were sent out and cut in half....If a civilian still wanted to buy it in two pieces so be it...and they assumed all liability....

So that being said...all the old rigs should be cut in two....
    Actually what might happen is that the rigs get scrapped....the scraps sold to China...and then the Chi-Coms sell it back to us......

I took a load of cardboard to a recycler from Wallyworld in Henderson, LV to Chino, Ca.....Nobody recyles the scrap...it's baled and sent off in containers to China....and then you guessed it...we buy it back from them...same with scrap cars.......

Gotta love "Change".......

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    [​IMG]
    Oh man I just LOVE this picture!!!!!!!!!:yes2557:

5. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    The libs hate it...

It clearly shows their "Dear Leader" in his actual light.....:yes2557:

6. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

With more states about to follow california into the red, auto industry sucking air, and real estate moving mostly foreclosures---it may be a while !!!!!!!! 2-3 years AT LEAST.........

7. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    "The trucking industry will begin to recover in the second half of 2010 and accelerate into “a pretty nice” 2011, Noel Perry, FTR Associates managing director and senior consultant, said today, Nov. 20."

This same source published an article on 11/10/09 forecasting that diesel prices will increase about $0.46/gal in 2010. If an O/O is currently hauling all the freight he/she can and staying within HOS maximums, it seems to this wannabe that the "maxed out" O/O of 2009 can expect, because of increased fuel prices alone, to have a worse year in 2010 than they will end up with in 2009. Or is it reasonable to expect that the O/O will get an increase in $/mile or %, from whoever they haul for, to offset the fuel prices?

There must be a lot of variables at play here, but I'm just curious to know what O/Os think will really happen in 2010.

8. wildbill123

wildbill123 Heavy Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    SE,MI
    They get a fuel surcharge to make up for the cost of fuel increases.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  9. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Who decides what the fuel surcharge is and what are the factors that determine it?

10. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    Greedy brokers from what I gather. Fuel surcharges have been in the toilet since the big price drop and haven't came back up despite the rising cost of fuel.

I'd say that this is nothing but a weak anti panic article. It's not working.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  11. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Are fuel surcharges mandated by the government or do individual carriers decide what their own surcharge is?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.