Anderson Trucking Service, Inc. - St. Cloud, Mn.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dmetrking, Apr 13, 2006.

1. IEtrucker

IEtrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Tampa Fl
    Alright people, let me just give you an insight about what a lease-purchase program is all about. As a lease driver (not O/O) you are nothing but a company driver paying for a company truck:biggrin_25523:. Funny ah? That's as plain and simple as it can be explained. Bottom line: don't get a lease purchase (unless you really have some good connections inside the company that allows you getting the miles you need to keep up with the big truck payment):biggrin_25512:. Keep in mind one thing: they know way better than you:biggrin_2554:

superflow Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I never understood the lease/purchase thing, either. Most times, it seems that you're basically buying an old company truck, a truck that the company decided wasn't good enough for their own drivers. Instead of trading it in, they decide to sell it on payments to some poor schmuck who doesn't know any better. Make the payments sound reasonable, but then give the guy just enough miles to make the payment, and maybe buy some fuel. He'll do it for a few months, turn the truck back in, because he couldn't make any money, and the company can start the process all over.
    When I was an O/O about 10 years ago, I bought a 5 Y.O. truck from a dealer. That way, the company had less control of my destiny, so to speak. It was mostly between me and the bank. There are plenty of used trucks out there, on dealer lots nationwide, unless your credit is totally trashed. If that's the case, you probably shouldn't be an O/O to begin with! :smt024

midnight_trucker_1971 Thanks this.
  4. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Dave what have you heard about andersons company drivers?

5. DaveG

DaveG Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2007
    san diego, ca
    Anderson is just another trucking company. The drivers will tell you the same thing. Nothing special about anderson. You are a number with anderson. Good Luck.

6. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
  7. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    Hmm, funny, I have a friend who works for ATS as a fleet mgr. He came from a Lease Program and has nothing but good stuff to say about them. He never seemed unhappy or broke when he was driving. He has two kids he pays child support for, a new truck, a new house and he probably made about $200,000K his last year as a driver. He got married and decided to get off the road.....I guess it's all in what you make it, ATS is one of the places I am considering once my purgatory at CRST is over.

8. Pardel

Pardel Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Bernie, MO
    I seriously doubt it was the 'only load' in the area. You might not tell a lie, but sure sounds like your dispatcher could lie big time!:biggrin_25523:

9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    These companies like to prop up a handful of lease-operators and make them suceed - like your buddy - so they can point him out, use him for recruiting, etc and tell prospects to go talk with him, and hear how great it is.. A majority gets burned..

10. SouthsideTRKman

SouthsideTRKman Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
    Well, I really think that as with any company, it is what you make of it. You know, I don't think it really is always the company conspiracy. Speaking with alot of truckers since I have been on the road, I think the majority of you belong with the "B**ch and Whine" squad. You could have a $2000.00 check every week, a new truck, miles out the tuchus and you would still find a way to complain about your job in some way.

Here is a newsflash for all the unhappy truckers out there, there is a company that is hiring.....you are home every night, have benefits, get free uniforms, no qualcomm, you get a free bluetooth headset depending on what division you work with, you get meal discounts and the pay is competitive with most in the industry...and you don't need a CDL or a HazMat Endorsement.....

McDonalds

You can apply online......and make sure you leave your crying towel at home when you show up for orientation.

You all made the choice to drive for a living, and you were all smart enough to pass a CDL exam, so I know you possess the basic ability to question your recruiters before you got with your crappy companies. My company is crappy too, but I had to start somewhere and no one forced me to sign my name....I happened to want a gold truck right off the bat, so I went to CRST. Thats what it boils down to, what color truck do you want to spend your rookie year in?

11. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Best of Luck, Keep us posted when you switch over to Anderson or if you have any good stories from the road. There does seem to be a lot of bit#ha$$ness going on. WE all make a choice based on whats best for ourselves. I've decided to start out as a local driver. I went and took my whiz quiz today. Hope it all works out and it should because its a job!:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.