Anderson Trucking Service, Inc. - St. Cloud, Mn.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dmetrking, Apr 13, 2006.

1. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

That and he posts he abandoned the truck. Real smart..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. conquest738

conquest738 Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2012
    New Yawk City
    will resend

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  4. conquest738

Jan 14, 2012
    New Yawk City
    I never meant to say bad company. I clarified in #55. I was just stating facts, so that others can make a decision. I implied that they were incredible by giving me a 1000 for my downtime. ( not under a load). I would recommend them if you went to OD or flatbed. I was only stating a fact about the 1st volvo, not complaining. You are given a choice of trucks by looks only. You cant even hear them run, But it has a 30 day (looked at my contract) bumper to bumper, so they will fix anything. Loads were great, I never said anything about bad loads. The second truck was awesome , almost brand new then. The only complaint was Elog was forced on me since it was new policy. So, what poor decision did I make?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  5. conquest738

Jan 14, 2012
    New Yawk City
    Actually, it was a real smart decision to abandon. Or did you mean to post it? I have disclosed it to anyone and have been hired with that on my record.
    I asked them for a month to remove the Elog, because first truck and original contract did not have it. I gave it every effort and tried to make it work however. Since I fed my family first, rent, etc, I got behind on my child support and was 2 days before license suspension. (you will be arrested and jailed if caught driving) Truck will also be towed and they would need to recover anyways.

So, yes it is better to have a truck abandonment, than a license suspension on my record along with a civil court disposition on my file. I picked the lesser of two evils. A smarter decision? Or am I incorrect?

6. conquest738

Jan 14, 2012
    New Yawk City
    since my wording is off, or you are picking one line.....i will clarify
    "i thought I would have done decently at this company"

7. passingthru69

I think e logs are jumping up and biting alot of the local pick and drop guys.
    I'm still holding out on them. I had to take elog class, but my trk. does not have it in it yet.
    Plus I'm home now and will not be coming back untill Feb. Will see what happens then.
    I was just picking on you and other guys that just up and leave a trk. somewhere with out turning it back. Not a good bussiness decison in my book.
    Glad to hear things are working out with you where you are now at.

8. free2frog

free2frog Medium Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    You do compliment them but as I read it you also blamed them. MY first thought was Volvo's are well known for being junk and then picking a truck with elogs also it is my understanding you pick your own loads with ATS so if your hours are being ate up getting loaded and unloaded is that due to really slow shipper's and receivers or poor planning

9. conquest738

Jan 14, 2012
    New Yawk City
    I do compliment them . For some reason after orientation, 25 guys, 25 volvos. no real choice there. Flatbed guys got to chose different makes including petes.

2nd truck.. all columbias with elog, again no real choice. I guess I should have walked away at that point. that could be my bad decision. But no work for a month, bills are piling up etc. No job if I dont take the truck. And how can i make a judgement on Elog without trying it?

Dry van regional, does not pick loads. You can reject only, and you know where that'll get you. Doing Elog on short runs without drop and hook will kill you. With paper, we put sleeper berth, while we were being loaded (legally)and fabricated an hour or two(not so legally). That worked out excellent financially.

Poor planning? I drove every last second clock allowed and shutdown on the shoulder. no showers, no ta buffet, nothing. Stupid and dangerous, but I know I gave it my all.
    Last day at this fly by night flatbed company in houston. Monday starts D and T reefer part of Bay and Bay transport...wish me luck

10. conquest738

Jan 14, 2012
    New Yawk City
    If you do heavy haul and Or oversize loads, like your pic. It won't affect you much. just a slight inconvenience.
    As far as your feelings on abandonment, that shows you are in a good spot, and I am happy for you. When someone is desperate, they will do things you would never conceive of doing. The other couple of companies I left, I finished load, gave notice and returned truck. Then again, I didnt have a pending warrant:biggrin_25520: Every company has called me to come back including ATS, so I cant be that bad :biggrin_255:

11. passingthru69

Trust me, I had worked for several diferent compaines I just wanted to walk away from.
    But I allways gave them their trk. back where I got it.
    Hope the new gig works for you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.