Andrew's Trucking Journey Continues

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by atruckr, Oct 14, 2022.

1. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    So I'm back on here. I had a thread "running with ShipEX" for 2yrs from my last job. Overall it was a good experience. Actually enjoyed it. Will get into why I left in the posts upcoming. The last 2yrs I been MIA on the TTR .. Just been busy living life and working at Ashley furniture. Hopefully I found the place I will retire from. We shall see. Anyways, looking forward to sharing this continued on going trucker's journey with all you Diesel Wild Hearts. Keep on rocking it! Chat soon.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    So I'm currently out here in Glendale AZ delivering a load of resale products. No furniture today. Sometimes we pick up other products outside of Ashley as backhauls. It helps keep us running and I'm sure it helps Ashley pay the bills. Spent the night in this little dirt lot so I could get unloaded and head on home as early as possible. 20221014_091522.jpg

4. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    This is not for everyone, but after being over the road for several years out 6 to 8 week's at a time or even month's at a time. It's nice having the weekends to enjoy with the wife, family and friends ❤️. For me it's having a balance of work and play. I use to stay out so long all the time when i was home, it's like i wasn't really there because i was concerned about making enough money to pay the bills. Etc.. You know how it goes.. Now that all changed i make more have better benefits than ever before and have a home life. Best of both worlds. It took me a long time to find the right fit but it was worth it. Trucking is an adventure of the strong hearted that's for sure. 20220424_100102.jpg 20220716_124301.jpg 20220827_170028.jpg

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  5. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    So.. This has been, what I call "bor-ring..." week of our bread and butter loads. Just got done with my second furniture load to our drop lot in Lathrop. Did one backhaul yesterday drop & hook and Relayed it into our main distribution center.

You see.. I'm what they call a PTP driver (Point to Point) and basically we service the LTL (Less Than Truckloads) drop yards and distribution centers. The LTL drivers will deliver those to our customers. They will have anywhere from 1 to 12 drops. Those are driver assist unloading.

I actually was an LTL driver for a few months but my elbows couldn't take the stress of moving furniture every day. Develop tendidous which takes a long time to heal. Ashley would of put me on lite duty but nahh I just went back to PTP and couple months later it healed up.

Gotta get going.. DH back to Redlands :Trailer:

6. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Sitting at the bottom of the Grapevine. Finishing up my 10hr break. Y'all know where that is right? I 5 in Lebec CA. It's actually Wheeler Ridge but my phone says Lebec. Two large truck stops here Petro and TA wide open, lots of parking usually. Last night I was surprised to see it so empty. More available parking than normal. I'm parked near the front. No trucks parked in next to me all night. That should tell how low the truck traffic is. This week it has been or seems to be lite. I know the economy is definitely hitting some of us hard. Ashley making cut backs. Still hiring in some areas but LTL not so much. Warehouse has reduced hours as well starting last month. Most trucking is busy this time of the year but... furniture ..I think we tend to slow up a little especially late December. Anyways.. it's that time again to head on down the road.

7. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Thanks for the thread, and updates.

8. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    On my way back to Redlands yesterday they sent me my next dispatch. Taking a furniture load to the Phoenix drop lot. I made it here last night and just decided to take my 10hr, only had about 50 minutes left on the clock.

Next I'm picking up a transfer load out of Tolleson AZ and heading back to Redlands and then home for the weekend..

It's funny how for so long I didn't think it was possible to make enough money and be home on a regular basis and yet here it was the whole time sitting under my nose. Weird!
    If you are wanting to make a change just keep looking there's probably a company out there somewhere that's got what you are looking for.

9. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    You ever wake up and for a few seconds you have no clue where you are. Lol yeah its definitely a trucker thing. Usually I have to look outside and then it's like oh yeah now I remember.
    That was me this morning :biggrin_25523:

Dispatch sent me on a load Washington this week. It's a transfer load dc to dc. Usually it's just a drop hook, turn and burn back on another transfer load to Redlands and then home. Easy stuff. Hit little rain last night but otherwise it's been a good run so far. I haven't got the return load yet so we will see what happens.

I'm hanging out at a truck stop exit 57 on I 5 called Roady's Dee Cee. Good food usually always has parking. Last night it was pretty full but there was a few in the back.

Rumbling on..

10. atruckr

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Got up to Washington and had to wait overnight for the next load. 1st time for that on a Washington load. As I said previously usually drop and hook, then go.

It's all good. It pays the same, just took away from my home time a little.

Roll on..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.