Annual incomes

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by strongworx, Jan 7, 2007.

1. strongworx

strongworx Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    Thinking about trucking.I hear different things about how much folks are making.Some boast $2000 a week,others $500.I understand that some are O/O`s.What I am asking is how much are you actually making after expenses and before taxes(taxable income).If I were to go for long mileage work,what can I expect after I am a "seasoned" driver?Weekly/annually Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. before taxes i make aabout 1200 a week after taxes and all expenses i made about 750

4. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    What kind of trucking do you do Juggalo?Thanks for the reply.

5. i been driving for about 2 years i work out of marinette wisconsin am off weekends some would say i drive regionally

6. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    From what I read here,thats sounds like a nice deal.Regionally?Not sure what that means.I am 43,and can work anywhere,dont worry about home time cuz I dont feel like I have one so I can call just about anywhere home base.I think because of that it leaves me open to lots of different types of driving jobs.I think Id prefer long hauls,lots of mileage.I hear about local stuff but I dont think it would matter all that much to me.When I need a break,Ill just rent a motel or something a relax a bit before getting back on the road.Do you drive alone?Thats where I want to be.I like the idea of having my own rig(sleeper/condo),set up the way I want.Then I can just call that home and save dough for retirement.

7. well something you have to remeber about driving is that your only supposed to drive /work 70 hours in a week after that your supposed to sit for 34 well i work around 64 most weeks and i sit at home but in your case that might not be a problem andyes its easy to save money

8. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I too drive regionally, and make right about 1200-1250 a week on average for the year. It can vary, some weeks will get up to the 1800 dollar mark, and others run slower.

Regionally is simply someone who tends to stay in a more defined area than running long haul from one end of the coutry to another. I run Mi, In, Il, and Oh over 90% of my time, but occasionally go further. My avrage length of haul comes out to about 225 miles, vice the longer hauls that you hear some people doing.

9. how long you been driving burky

10. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Pretty much full time for the last 9 years. I've been where I am now for over 3.5 years, prior to that worked for 5 years on a farm hauling grain for the local coop, except for time planting in the spring and harvesting in the fall. before that, I drove on and off during the 20 years in the Navy, and before that I drove trucks starting at about age 12.

11. strongworx

Jan 5, 2007
    florida
    So do you drive alone?if so how long were you driving before you got to that point?Also,do you stay in your rig most nights?I really apprecite this,I figure If Im going to do this,Im gonna be prepered because I will be jumping in with both feet and devote myself to it.I just aint a desk jockey and cant think of anything else I could do and like it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.