Another AVOID SKIFF EXPRESS TRUCKING in the Chicago area

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Theeckmaster, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Theeckmaster

Theeckmaster Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2023
    Like everyone else has already stated, this company is a scam! I worked from them, my mistake, they don't have any of the trucks they say they have available. No APU's, not new trucks. These are Lithuanian crooks. They will NOT pay you! I am in the middle of a law suit against them. They made me use my own funds to go recover a truck for them in Spokane, WA. They said use your funds and they will reimburse, NOPE! I incurred over $2000 in expenses and they DID NOT REIMBURSE ME. They say they will, but they don't. In that recovered truck, I was booked a load from Spokane, WA to Grand Rapids, MI for $6300. I completed the delivery and asked me to come to yard to swap out the truck. They told me once I was there that my services were no longer needed and said I was a great guy and they will pay me everything they owned me within 30 days. They owed me over $6000 in reimbursements and my commissions for trips I completed without incident and have not paid me yet. Have to get my attorney involved. Will see them next in small claims court. STAY AWAY FROM THESE THEIVES!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    “Use your own funds” big red flag.

hope you learned your lesson.

4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Agreed. I hope you got that transaction/agreement to recover the truck on paper.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I do kind of like that name of Skiff tho lol

6. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas

“Like everyone else’s has already stayed.” kinda meant I don’t need to be like everyone else. Shoulda been a telltale.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Where are all the 1099 companies in the favorite company thread or even the motor carrier inside scoop thread?

There may be some legitimate 1099 firms that won't rip you off or rob you blind but I've yet to see em pop up on the forum.

Moral of the story is ...
    If you pay them money- you take your chances, and it never ends well imho.

8. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Telling me to use my own funds to recover their truck would have been my exit, BEFORE it happened.

9. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I just don't get it. Unless it's your business, NEVER USE YOUR FUNDS FOR COMPANY MATTERS!! That goes for anything, from 1 penny upward. Why do some drivers do this??

10. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    What exactly do you mean by legitimate? One that rips a driver off by not paying their tax burden or a company who only 1099s a actual subcontractor?

11. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Yes.
    A true subcontractor.
    One where you can choose which assignments to accept, set your own hours, and negotiate payment and contract conditions.
    I have yet to see or hear of one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.