Another Bonehead In Georgia Who Had A Load Securement Issue

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jan 27, 2020.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    What I thought was comical. They had put load protectors on the corners. Then the binders were no longer important?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018

Attached Files:

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    1481 was a fine tractor. When it was retired, five of us were flown to Nashville to bring back new tractors. Of course these new tractors were automatics. This new automatic tractor was better than 1481 in one aspect, and that was the improved engine brake.

For the life of me, there was no way to couple quietly. It was always SSSSLAAAAAMMM!

Then the dang thing would fall back almost a foot if I were accelerating from even the slightest incline. Had to send a Qualcomm message about the fall back danger to cover my butt. Never have I hated a vehicle so much.

And hearing those creaking transmissions as a Freightliner pulls in to fuel next to me brings back nightmarish memories.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Bud A. Thanks this.
  5. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    20150213_105703.jpg
    And I broke my landing gear exiting the dirt lot that is now a Chevron right near the Pilot in Barstow. Even though the landing gear was cranked up completely, it caught the concrete lip at low speed and still caused that much damage.

Bud A. and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    [​IMG]

Just because I don't want someone to come along later and read this thread and wonder the same thing:

There's no f'ning downward pressure on most of the top part of the load, and very likely not enough on the rest of the load. Maybe the edge pieces where the straps are touching will stay put, and maybe the boards on the bottom two layers will be enough to hold them in place, but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

One good hard brake, or worse, a head-on collision with something, and all that steel is going to keep moving forward through the cab of the truck. It's called Newton's First Law of Motion.

Now, start counting how many similar loads you see going down the road. It'll make you pray more fervently.

mjd4277 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  7. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    My last flatbed job was driving for a manufacturer of steel utility poles and cell towers. Every day the local steel guys would pull in with odds and ends for the production line. They'd pull back that conestoga, the fork would come and pick it off, and they'd pull the conestoga back in place and hammer off to the next stop.

What do you mean, I forgot the part where they took off the straps or chains and then re-secured the load once the fork got our stuff? There wasn't any of that going on!

8. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    You guys with your paper tags. Reminds me of when I lived in Charlotte. I never saw so many cars with paper plates that had "Stolen Tag" or "Lost Tag" scrawled on them. I think it must be a Southern thing. That #### wouldn't fly in Colorado. They'll pull you over for not having a tag on the front, even if you have one on the rear.

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    It wouldn’t fly where I live either-it’s actually a felony charge (use of fictitious registration). Unfortunately some folks in Tennessee think it’s legal to put a “lost or temporary” tag on the back as long as the registration with the trailer is there. That, and other trailer issues are one of the reasons why I got the “f*** outta Dodge” before things really went down the toilet!

Flat Earth Trucker and Bud A. Thank this.
  10. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    #### ### ##### ##### ##### #### ##### ####### ###### #########!!!!!

mjd4277 and Bud A. Thank this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Tell us how you really feel! LMAO

Bud A. and jammer910Z Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.