Another first truck thread, hauling fuel, what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by newkid916, Sep 1, 2021.

1. newkid916

newkid916 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Looking for some suggestions. Ill be hauling fuel with it and if I keep it possible flatbed work in the future.

Now Ive driving mostly freightliners with the DD13/15, petes/KW with the paccar mx13 engines, and a couple Cummins isx. all with 10spds but I didnt know the rear gears. They tend average around 6-9 mpg. I live in California also.

Ive been doing my research and trying to decide if I should get a DD13, cummins isx or D13. I dont want any parts with the paccar engine haha

I dont have any experience with Volvos but all the research I've done said the D13 is a solid engine, so I've looked at those cause they are priced pretty well. Also it will be a day-cab, I don't know if that changes things or not.

Right now I am leaning towards the DD13/15 for the price of parts and availability of parts also. The DD seems pretty durable with proper maintenance and all the common issues Ive read about seem like easy fixes I can do to save me some money in shop cost but still not sure

so after all that I still want some of y'all's thoughts.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

Draft saved Draft deleted