Another Toy

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Joethemechanic, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Joethemechanic

Joethemechanic Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Phila Pa
    I went and bought another toy today

I got one of these

[​IMG]

This isn't a picture of mine, but it could be it's twin. I forgot to bring my camera with me today, so I'll have to get real pictures tomorrow.

It's a Linde-Baker H25D 5,000 pound "cushion tire" diesel forklift.

And last week on Thursday the 10th I bought this,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a 48' x 96" Dorsey It needs paint but doesn't have any rust issues.

I was going to buy the 99 Transcraft sitting next to it too but it must have worked in a hydrochloric acid plant or something. I saw some big paint bubbles on the frame and when I poked them with my finger my whole hand went through. Not just in one place either The owner started looking at me funny when I kept poking my fist trough the frame of his trailer.

So I let the 99 Transcraft sit with an offer of $800 on it, And I bought the older Dorsey

Just in time too. I no sooner fixed the air leaks, the lights, greased the S-Cams, adjusted the brakes, and did the federal inspection when the phone rang and I had to pick up some 50 foot beams. It would have been a PIA to try and load them on my Trail King.

Well I better hustle up some work for all these new toys. They have to pay for themselves.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

joe i think i know what your problem is....you have excess money's.....im sure theres a few here who would be willing to help you with that afliction

lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.