Another truck stop removes sit down restaurant

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by navypoppop, Aug 6, 2018.

1. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    I just received a return call from T/A-Petro corporate office confirming that Dodge City Petro in Hanceville, Al. has remodeled their restaurant area and removed the Iron Skillet and replaced it with fast food options. I know that some of you drivers are not fans of Iron Skillet or Country Pride but the more they remove their sit down restaurants and install fast food the worse it becomes to at least enjoy a dinner instead of the worst food available. I refuse to patronize any truck stop that doesn't offer a sit down restaurant option and will not stop for any reason other than a breakdown or emergency bathroom break. Therefore I just gave up one more parking space for anyone who wants it. My opinion only and I hope it makes for good conversation.

DTP, Oldironfan, 1catfish and 13 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    That's one of the nicest Petros in the country, surprised they are going to only fast food options. There's a BBQ place across the road called Pops Place BBQ, definitely worth the short walk.

stwik and wore out Thank this.
  4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  5. hagarcobra

hagarcobra Medium Load Member

May 24, 2013
    It's not just that, but fast food attracts all the 4 wheelers making it harder to get served and get out from in front of the fuel pumps...ooops,I meant back on the road.

wore out and whoopNride Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It wont be the first or last. They have started doing that since the 2000's something about making sure the customer does not sit and take a booth for 3 hours.

I suspect they are more interested in revenue rather than serving the Truckers who run the Nation.

bzinger and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    There's a Subway right next to the CB shop, otherwise they would have...Just did some additional reading, they are adding a Papa John's and Burger King. Nice and healthy options.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Well, apparently those preferring to dine only in “sit down full service” restaurants are becoming the vast minority. Business people aren’t business people to run businesses that fewer and fewer care to support [in those particular locations]. I hope you’re not expecting them to operate as a non-profit to satisfy a diminishing clientele.

I don’t know what it’s going to take to convince some of you that the trucking industry is changing a lot and very fast, at every level. You don’t have to like it but you’re going to have to learn to accept it and make necessary changes, or find another career.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Haven't been there since it had the steakhouse. One exit up a small Mom and Pop truck stop has tried to have a restaurant a couple time and is always empty. Across the street Wilco/Hess (now Pilot) stays 4 deep at the fuel island as drivers waddle out with their Wendy's Triple with Bacon and extra mayo.

stwik, Coover, already gone and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    This is why I have a microwave, refrigerator and cold box and a 3000 watt inverter. Cook most foods at home, then freeze portions.

11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    That sucks. That was a pretty nice place to get something to eat. They already had a Popeyes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.