Antenna mounts for a 2018 International LT

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by MGE Dawn, Nov 7, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    Anyone who's familiar with these trucks and willing to offer some advice, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a fan of the stock antennas and coax run... mostly because my SWR registers at an astronomical value of 12.

I'd like to do a custom run like I had on the Freightshaker back at Swift, but I'm not really seeing any good way of pulling it off. Plenty of easy options for the Navistars and Prostars, but the LT seems to be something of a lame duck in the CB department.

Just a friendly reminder/request real quick, though: this is a company tractor. Please don't advise me to drill any holes in the truck LOL.

Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wolverine11

wolverine11 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2015
    SWR of 12, what kind of meter? I use a Radio Shack meter ( pretty darn accurate) and it goes to 3.0 then red zone.

4. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    The one on my radio, for the moment. My own Radio Shack meter was among the laundry list of things that got... DONATED to Swift, alongside my antenna (a W2k), the coax that went with it, and all the mounting hardware. The radio meter was pretty #### close to the Radio Shack one, though. Both were able to agree that I'd gotten my SWR down to 2-ish after a couple weeks of fiddling with that W2k trying to tune it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.