Antenna Question

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by prisonerofthehwy, Oct 8, 2009.

1. prisonerofthehwy

prisonerofthehwy <strong>Ball and Chains</strong>

Sep 30, 2007
    Somerset Kentucky
    I have a very cheap Cobra CB that I used when I drove otr. I only drive my car now, but have alot of windshield time everyday, so I wiped the dust off of my CB, and mounted the magnetic antenna, that I bought off of ebay a few years back.
    I was thinking about upping the wattage, and getting a different antenna. the mount has male end on it, and my attenna a female end. All Antenna's I find at truck stops, and on the web, have male ends. Is there a solution to this? Two male ends won't connect obviously. I couldn't find any product such as an adapter to alleviate this problem.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LJLtrucking

LJLtrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2009
    marion,mi
    I am confused never heard of male ends on antenna, on the back of your radio does it have a piece sticking out with threads aroung the outside of it, if so any antenna will work. wilson 1000 magnet mount works well on any vehicle i put it on.

4. 7mouths2feed

7mouths2feed "Family Man"

Nov 29, 2007
    Jacksonville, AR
    You can use an all thread coupler to connect 2 male threaded pieces. Cb shop or hardware store.

prisonerofthehwy Thanks this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Your local radio shack should have the connector that you need. The all thread idea won't work. You need to have a shielded coax connector there. They should run about five to seven bucks.

You antenna is the most important part of your radio set up. Don't run the coax through the opening in the door, as closing the door on it will eventually break the conductors. Run it through a partially open window.

prisonerofthehwy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.