Anti "funk" bombs....

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Commuter69, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Is there something like a bug bomb that you can set up in your cab and leave to "de funk" it?

I do keep my cab clean, and don't keep perishable food in my cab(I buy it, and it's consumed quickly). I do laundry regularly (usually every time I take a 34) and collect/remove trash every time I get fuel(usually every other day or less), but sometimes it's just not avoidable.

I do use aerosol based air fresheners, but only so much can be done....

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    10% bleach in pine-sol, spray aerosol bottle and a roll of shop towels. Get to wiping and spraying. Once everything in the truck after a few hours work is disinfected that funk should be bye bye.

You can do all sorts of air fresheners, incense burning etc. But unfortunately in today's world that draws the Popo like flies to Canadian maple syrup.

The two of us would have the entire truck disinfected weekly, catbox replaced monthly. And the cab disinfected as we go along. Sit and wait to be loaded? Disinfecting time. We were not clean freaks, but that is was one of the greatest defenses against horrible wounds should your skin get breached and god knows only what from around the 48 states get into it for example.

4. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    If your tractor once housed a smoker, the defunkification process is going to require a long term effort.

An odor neutralizer is also helpful.
    I also like brand name citrus cleaners.

Another good odor cover up are scented candles. Walmart's got 'em. One time, I even got fancy and bought some scented candles from Yankee Candle.

JoeyJunk, Dave_in_AZ and bzinger Thank this.
  5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    If your getting out of the truck overnight . Shut off truck and empty a can of Lysol into vents and shut door ASAP .. It will kill any bacteria that may be causing your smell

BoxCarKidd and bzinger Thank this.
  6. 88 series vet

88 series vet Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    rock hill sc
    There are air neutralizing bombs that Walmart and parts stores carry in the detail and cleaning sections. You set air too high and on the setting too recirculate the air, shut all windows and doors and set it off. Takes about 15 mins .

JoeyJunk, VIDEODROME and bzinger Thank this.
  7. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    A quick & effective solution if you ever end uo in a motel room and it stinks. Dump a 1/2a bottle of febreeze in the vent of the air conditioner. It will last a full day.

On the flip, of it’s a company truck and you just don’t care, you could do it in the truck, dump it down your defroster. I wouldn’t, but you could.

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  8. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Clorox or lysol wipes. They're handy and easy to use on all non-porous surfaces. Get a waterproof mattress cover for your bed and wash it every other time you do laundry. (mattresses collect all sorts of funk, even if you're clean)
    Another thing that might help is an ozone generator. It produces negative ions that force airborne particles to fall to the floor.

9. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Get a new mattress and new pillows if both are a few years old. Make sure you are washing all your bedding, sheets blankets comforter.
    Also do a sniff test of the drivers seat. Almost any used truck I've been in, those were the culprits. Unless it's a new truck, I always buy a full seat cover. The last time I was with Schneider, I got a truck that apparently had a driver that liked to not where a shirt while driver and the seat stunk like BO so bad that I tore the foam out and stole some from the used truck graveyard at the north salt lake yard. And the seat still stunk 4 months later after repeatedly shampooing it.

Lepton1 and bzinger Thank this.
  10. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I use disinfectant spray. The stuff is absolutely brutal so don’t stay in the truck after you do it. Literally spray everything you can and a heavy dose on the seat.

11. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    Fabreeze any fabric surfaces, seats headliner, carpet, ect. these surfaces pick up and hold odors.

maybe leave windows open to air out sometimes.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.