Anxiety Disorder And Trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Rocks, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    You know what makes me uncomfortable? I see soooo many times folks distracted, texting, playing with their stuff on the dash, eating, drinking, chatting on the phone or with a passenger in their vehicle... :biggrin_2552: and driving too close to "my" truck... that really upsets me many times... I have to constantly watch my mirrors for folks driving near the truck.. sometimes getting TOO close... to the point that I lower my window and put my arm outside or stare at them and talk or make gestures for them to move away from me... :angry1:

JV_620 and Nomadicdriver Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    So, you are saying then that the chances of a false positive coming up are a million to one then? I mean, sure I like those odds but knowing my luck...??? Lol :confused::confused: I guess I figure then it is or it might just be a matter of time before FMCSA/DOT catch up to this Kratom altogether and outlaw it for having the opioid type effects and pulling 80K on I-70 at 65mph...well, :eek::eek:

Rocks Thanks this.
  4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Seems most everybody is in a big hurry nowadays... not only 4 wheelers but also truck drivers... folks tailgating, impatient... :biggrin_2552:

JV_620 Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    JV_620 and Rocks Thank this.
  6. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Watch out also for the CBD oil... it is a "wonder" type of natural drug for pain... it's said not to show in drug tests... but I wonder... and would not try...

JV_620 Thanks this.
  7. JV_620

JV_620 Medium Load Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Centerville, MA
    That's just it..just my point...these "wonder" type of natural drugs are usually the ones that actually HELP with the ailment and make things actually...wait for it...better! Yet they are outlawed by the DOT. I can see Benzos, but watch now...herbs will be next. Look at what is happening with the whole sleep study garbage too :mad::mad:...although DOT probably looks at it from a "safety first" perspective, remember? :D:D

Rocks Thanks this.
  8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    That's right Mr. @JV_620 ... these natural medicines end up being banned by the government... FDA and the drug industry... I guess there's much more money to be made with the industrialized drugs that cause more side effects and create other illnesses than the natural medicine like herbs and such...

JV_620 Thanks this.
  9. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    Kratom is already illegal in quite a few States. Just like the synthetic marijuana that has been going around that has been made illegal and they will crack down on the kratom.

It is very true about CBD oil. I'm certainly could relieve a lot of pain and symptoms for people. I would be terrified to take it because if by some freak thing it showed up on the drug test the government has made certain that you are screwed.

Nancy Reagan got her wish, for now anyway, just say no.

There are medications for anxiety like antidepressants and that type of thing that are legal that you can drive with. However you probably have to renew your medical card every year.

There are other legal herbs that are calming that may help you if you try them. If not though you should see a doctor and take care of that. Discuss with him that you drive and he'll help you to find a medication that is legal for you.

The sad part is that it is often what is illegal that really helps.

Good luck

Rocks, JV_620 and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Kratom is not legal in Arkansas to possess. They outlawed it several months ago. Even the mail services will keep an eye out for it as part of a national interception of narcotics coming via US Mail. That is getting beefed up in the main centers like JFK airport where bulk mail comes into the USA.

For years Kratom was legal because the legislators had no idea people were using it to bypass withdrawals which are a red flag for illegal drug use or abuse of scripted drugs. But now that the so called war on Opoids is in effect, they are looking at everything on the planet capable of binding to those receptors within our minds and bodies and slowly and surely outlawing them as well.

Immdoium comes to mind. The active drug is called lorpamide. (Spelling) and taking a certain amount puts the gut to sleep which is how bad digestive situations are settled quickly. However people have discovered that if they take a certain amount MORE they can halt the withdrawal symptoms. The problem is that it usually halts them permanently when it takes the Liver out. No liver, no living. The last I checked they were preparing for a systematic ban on anything containing Lorpamide. The actual drug itself was a old schedule V drug from the late 70's that has been retired completely from any oversight and became a Over the Counter type thing. However people in bad situations like withdrawals are very smart and use the internet to discover ways to fix it at home and sometimes it kills them.

Rocks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.