Any Cleveland/Northeast OH home daily?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ClevelandTrucker216, Mar 23, 2023.

1. ClevelandTrucker216

ClevelandTrucker216 Light Load Member

Curious to see the job market from word of mouth, Indeed seems pretty slow at the moment same with any of the mega companies/LTL, which seemed more active last year — and I was just wondering about any Cleveland and surrounding home daily with 6 month verified experience…

I appreciate any replies not sure if I’m going to leave my current job but just wanted to see if anyone else would take me with a little bit more experience.

preferably no food service;)

Mattflat362 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    The home daily truckload sector market in Ohio, is slow right now. If you have a position that keeps you busy, the trucks are safe and the pay is accurate and on time, then stay put until you have at least 1 year of experience.

4. ClevelandTrucker216

I was thinking that but curiosity got the best of me, it seems pretty decent in Columbus right now but not so much up here...yet.

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    The more experience the better. I can't imagine a local company, other than food service taking someone at just 6 months. You'll never find a shortage of drivers wanting to work LTL, P/D, or linehaul. It's not impossible, because some rookies have gotten lucky but it isn't a safe bet to apply without some decent tractor trailer or OTR experience. That's the only way you'll separate yourself from what could be a waiting list of applicants.

ClevelandTrucker216 Thanks this.
  6. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
  7. ClevelandTrucker216

Their website says 3 years exp required.

8. ClevelandTrucker216

I feel ya and trust me if I could, I would. I have a bad foot, (lol lol) and if I could throw around some merchandise, it'd be cool to be in shape from it and get paid LOL. I have respect for those guys who do it they earn every bit of that 100,000K.

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  9. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Apply anyways, just because some companies have requirements on the website. Doesn't mean that they won't give you a try.

Speedy356 Thanks this.
  10. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Pitt-Ohio. I love them. If I wasn't a carrier OO I would be there.

I love driving all night so it would work for me.

Mike2633 and ClevelandTrucker216 Thank this.
  11. ClevelandTrucker216

I've been watching them like a hawk daily hoping they open up their CDL Apprenticeship program.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.