Any companies bring drivers into the USA from Europe

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by stacks, Jan 26, 2021.

1. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Irish driver here looking at reallocating Across the pond was wondering if any companies legally bring guys or girls in who would drive OTR temporarily on a visa , if any drivers know if a certain visa type that I could research I’ve been travelling to the states since the early 90’s so I’m
    Familiar with road usage there , and I’ve also done some harvest work for Canadian harvesters and have drove in
    The states with a semi I do see jobs Advertised 1099 is this money earned without declaring taxes so I’m guessing the company is saving a lot of cash paying drivers this Way

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
  4. Speed_Drums

Speed_Drums Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2014
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    @Donk has been trying to get into Canada. I don't know if he tried to get into the U.S.

stacks and Coffey Thank this.
  6. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Why would you leave beautiful Ireland to come to this @#$& show?

7. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Come on now this is The Greatest Show on earth. Who wouldn't want to come to the show:rolleyes::D

stacks and Coffey Thank this.
  8. SoulScream84

SoulScream84 Road Train Member

Mar 21, 2020
    Fixed it for ya

9. Donk

Donk Have a Cup Of Concrete

Apr 27, 2008
    For years.

Never found a viable option for more than a very temporary Run.

650cat425 and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    There are still companies that apply for the H2B visa keep in mind this is a tempory visa there is also the H2A which is an agricultural visa where by those on the harvest trail require drivers and other workers to help drive trucks to haul grain and operate other forms of harvest machinery.the hard part is finding out who those companies are. Back in the early 2000's there was a company set up called truckersforusa where by they applied on behalf of companies for the petitions to the dept of labour where a company must prove by advertising for a certain period of time that they can not hire enough locals to do the job and this would put the company in financial trouble if approved they can then petition the USCIS for the appropriate visa's. This is a very timely and costly process for employers/ companies which is why not many choose to do so. With the H2A visa the conditions are that the prospective employer must re-emburse you for any travel expenses within your first week of employment so guess what that would make them reluctant to hire someone who has to spend around $2000 for an airfare when they can just hire someone who only pays a few hundred dollars from Mexico or Canada.So you have a much greater chance of getting a H2A visa there is a web site you can put down your details and prospective employers for the wheat and grain harvest will contact you and now would be the time to do so as they'd be looking for workers to start around May - November the websites are usafarmlabor,com & uschi.com also there is a site in which you can find all those companies that have applied for H2B work visas seasonaljobs.dol.gov

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Speed_Drums, stacks, Coffey and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.