Any companys with real trucks

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Yamaha28$$, Dec 19, 2022.

1. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    Real truckers wear flip flops and MC Hammer sweat pants.

RubyEagle, Concorde and Capacity Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Now that’s some “Real” sheet there.

TB John Thanks this.
  4. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I think it’s funny too, but, if he’s over the road he is spending 75% or more if his life in the truck compared to time at his house.

5. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    the issue is most of them guys that I’ve talked to are talking about leaving the truck to their kid to continue. If it was only for himself I would understand, but trying to make it a legacy by telling your kid it’s yours when you grow up is wrong If that’s the case. this is from my experience with them shiny truck owners.

I teach my kids to learn a skill and get an education, so they don’t have to do what I do. Not talking down to the truckers, but it’s not something I want my kids to do with their life because I know the strain it puts on a family when the father is gone for weeks at a time.

I used a Cascadia and brought in just as much as the shiny truck. My truck was no where near shiny but still made money.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    Crude Truckin' and Speedy356 Thank this.
  6. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I’ve made good money in trucking and have owned a lot of trucks. Every single time someone asks me about trucking I try to persuade them to do something else. I’ll be disappointed if any of my kids end up trucking.

1catfish and LoneRanger Thank this.
  7. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    Eff your "real" truck! I want a make believe truck that runs on wishes and unicorn farts! That hovers along at 100mph and phases through all the other trucks and cars and is invisible to dot. That Can pull 100tons uphill as well as in Nebraska. Oh and that I can operate from my bed at home where I'm laying next to my supermodel wife.

Val_Caldera Thanks this.
  8. HogazWild

HogazWild Light Load Member

May 18, 2022
    300k truck to net about 4k a week running load boards, and that's if you run OTR miles regardless of stepdeck, flatbed, or van. Oversized and niche-tanker being the exception..

Remember: that 4.68/mile $4,800 load on DAT is starting bid.... What will the sink bathing bologna eating busted up volvo driver bid? They will live in a truck for a 30k annual net...

But this doesn't matter cause most people don't die before their sixties.... oh wait...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  9. M22 rockcrusher

M22 rockcrusher Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2020
    Don't forget about the 5000 watt cb

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  10. 1catfish

1catfish Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2010
    my thoughts exactly!

11. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Op needs a 1990's early Pete with a wild CAT with 256,789 barely "used' miles (engine knowledge of sizes/numbers/H.P. weren't my thang) into a Reverse 9 coupled wit a 3.36 Drive, plus available Jakes (on a semi-permanent operational ability).
    Top End of 120mph but likely only to get to 90 (except in the NorthCentral & NorthWest States according to Historical and Hysterical Road Warrior Drivers), but dropping outta Sante Fe, N.M. (preferably loaded) will get ya 160mph+ or so the voices have claimed........ONCE.
    Cab of Midroof design to appeal to the loud, obnoxious, whiny, complaining "drivers" of which we all have known a few and eliminated from our friend lists (or just eliminated "out back"), with certain exceptions only known to those that knew or still know.
    - - - - - -
    There are few GREAT TRUCKS to drive without all the Nanny Bells and ALARMS.
    :oops:
    - - - - -
    Post meant to impart humor. If it failed, like sum have, so be it and Thanks For Yor Participation!!;)
    - - - -
    To Whom It May Concern:
    Have a SAFE or SANE New Year Celebration Even If U Don't Celebrate!!:D

CHEERS!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.