Any Current or recent drivers?

Discussion in 'TWT' started by Palazon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Checking to see if there are any current TWT drivers out there. Checking for info on load availability, idle policies, inverters, etc. Weekly pay or 2 weeks? Just the basics.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. serriaman

serriaman Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Central Point, Oregon
    Just got hired onto TWT Reefer Division, and am waiting on a Truck as of 3rd week of January 2010. Have to re-locate to Portland area, but I do not mind. Was recently LAID OFF from a local Central Point, Oregon Company. I will post up-dates as to how it is going with this Company. I understand they have other divisions and are at least hanging in there with the economy. More to come....

Serriaman

4. mlbrowninwa

mlbrowninwa Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Any new information on this company. I currently live in Portland and am thinking of going to one of the trucking schools they recommended. Don't really want to go 48 states and would like to stay on the west coast most of the time. This looks like a good company what little I have found on them.

5. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Sorry, no new info from me. When I did my research however (8 mo ago), I couldn't find an unhappy driver. From everything I found, they live up to what they advertise, IE: hometime, pay, miles etc. Every rig I found at truckstops seemed well maintained as best I could tell without cracking the hood or test driving. Everyone on the road was holding good speed (58+) up and down hills with good lane dicipline which again speaks well of the rigs/drivers. I was told that they are allowed to park at Interstate terminals for 34 breaks/hometime. Overall, they seem to be a good start/intermediate company for us west coasties. I will be looking at them again if my current gig ever falls through.

Unfortunately for me, my driving record wasn't good enough for them (a few dumb ### tickets). Luckily tho, my military experience got me off the road into a local job with much better pay, $23/hr.

6. jrwork69

jrwork69 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Bailey, co
    Palazon, you never would have gotten $23hr at TWT. I worked their flatbed, System, some days I would drive 9-10 hours and wait for a weekend to unload. 9-10 hours drive = $210 for 3-4 days of sitting. That place has work, all 3 divisions, including that JJ Williams tanker side, but the brokers they have in place have no clue what time means to trucks. They also complain about idle, some trucks have generators. I did not do TWT, but its the same people, can't imagine any different. Also, if you do get a job, they will have you sign a 6 month contract, to pay for trip to Spokane, Wa. Even if you get fired you owe them money. System does have a decent sounding 0/0 program, if you want to do lower 48

Palazon Thanks this.
  7. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Oh I certainly agree that I hit the job lotto with my current driving gig:biggrin_255:. I've already told my boss that if he wants me to leave firing won't do; he'll have to shoot me.... I absolutely love what I'm doing now. I'm back to taking care of my GI's (22 year AF vet myself, so all GI's are MY KIDS), making sure they have good, safe equipment to deploy with.

But when I was looking, TWT looked really good as a driving company. Far better than Swift, etc. I was just passing on the info I'd found for the other drivers.

LostOne9 Thanks this.
  8. LostOne9

LostOne9 Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    Hows it going out there serriaman...any news/updates?

9. trebor7577

trebor7577 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2010
    western washington
    The reefer side seMs to keep moving. Haven't sat much but I'm. New and Rollin with a trainer But from those I've spoke to it seems like they keep you Rollin on with the green fleet

10. LostOne9

LostOne9 Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    I will say that I haven't sat very much at all. they do keep u moving. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.