any drivers in Hawaii making 70k

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by alohaspirit, Mar 16, 2018.

1. alohaspirit

alohaspirit Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2018
    pennsylvania
    I went to Kauai this winte and hiked the Kauali trail. Oh my god thank you for such beauty. I drove around every inch of the island seen a few trucks but that's the smallest island. Maybe the mainland. Are there good solid companies out there obviously they pay by hour. But he'll 65k a year I'm there. I've been all over the world and nothing compares to Hawaii it's USA afterall.. but a true exotic feel every single person should experience before they die. And btw ppl thee are nice they will let you over unlike Jersey o

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirjeff

sirjeff Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Kelowna, BC
    Just got back from the big island last week; it was awesome!

I found myself wondering the same thing.... just out of curiosity. Went down a rabbit hole researching avg wages and cost of living and stuff. I recall I read 55k being the average truck driver salary there which doesnt seem bad for how cushy it would be... that would be tight though! I sat on the balcony drinking beers and watching the same trucks go by each day - fantasizing about skipping town here for the winter to work a milk run around the island or a couple rounders from kona to hilo every day for 6 months a year ahhhhhhhh.

Drivingotr4life and IluvCATS Thank this.
  4. alohaspirit

alohaspirit Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2018
    pennsylvania
    Haha yeah dude I know the feeling!

5. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    I've heard the cost of living is extremely high over there. But never been there, so I dont know.

Tb0n3 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    IMG_4598.PNG IMG_4599.PNG IMG_4600.PNG IMG_4601.PNG

Just took a couple screenshots to compare. I never been to Hawaii.

tscottme, gentleroger, DUNE-T and 6 others Thank this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Thats a slap in the face if you live in Memphis....

stwik, Aamcotrans and cke Thank this.
  8. 808BMW

808BMW Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Born and raised on the Big Island but moved away 3 years ago. My cousin back home makes low-mid $60's per year on a B truck, beverage distribution and backbreaking. No other reliable salary info. I know most people pay hourly, not a lot of miles to make. No clue what some of the good gigs pay. Definitely an expensive cost of living adjustment for most.

Space Man Spiff Thanks this.
  9. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Vacationing is a lot different than actually living there . Beware, there is a lot of nepotism and trucking is not as big as it is over here so you may be unemployed for a while .

Good luck though !

Woodys and CrappieJunkie Thank this.
  10. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Sometimes ya think you are a horse, hump them 2 wheelers over loaded down a ramp, if you young needing a heck of a workout, go over hump a few days or weeks and then enjoy a stay,if you hustle you can make a killing certain times..fill a void.

11. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Hawaii is awesome been there a few times but no doubt it’s expensive! I’d retire on Maui if I could afford it but not likely to happen. Goodluck,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.