Any exception to mandatory hrs, so hubby can be home for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by lml1163, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Rip up the wires going to the satellite thing. Say you ran by a tree branch and accidentally messed it up. Run paper log cause elog is disabled due to malfunction. Might sign a disciplinary letter but better then a log violation. Depending of company nothing might happen.

Grubby Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    The good news is that Christmas happens every year. Maybe next year he can plan better.

scottied67, Tb0n3 and TripleSix Thank this.
  4. Largecar359

Largecar359 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Did he make it in yet?
    Better not be sitting on an off ramp somewhere. The dispatcher and company that sent him on the run are already at home dressing as santa for tonight. Wonder how they would take it if they had to stay at the office tonight because it's the law?

Loudtom what do you mean by plan better? I seem to hear that a lot by Elog activists.

5. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Just keep driving . If the company dont understand than f**kem and move on .

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Nope.

What he can try is parking that truck, grabbing a plane, uber car, bus etc and getting home for a few hours and then travel back. There is really no point as it will destroy the paycheck for the week.

Another is maybe using Personal conveyance after dumping trailer somewhere in a secured place and bobtailing.

Or you can hop in your car and go to him find a hotel room.

In trucking Christmas is another work day to me. In fact in some freight lanes, it's really a liability as it's all about positioning against loading after christmas sitting around is over and done with.

Grubby Thanks this.
  7. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I take it you don't have kids or a wife that might think Christmas is important to them. I know that spending Christmas or any family holiday on the road isn't something that l would look back fondly on. Wife driving hours to meet me or not. In fact that alone would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

8. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio

"Head office? Uhh... Yeah, well heres the thing... Cant believe my dog didnt like the food I picked up fer him, I mean I eat them rubber burritos all the time! But anyways, he done went and knawed on my Peoplenet, so it dont work no more! Huh, where am I at? Uhhh... Well..." ;)

austinmike and Radman Thank this.
  9. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    I have half a mind to play captain contrarian here and say how important HOS is-he must remain in his truck. Safety doesn’t take a holiday! :)

10. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    DO IT I double dog dare you! I think it's a troll since they haven't been back since yesterday evening.

Grubby and IluvCATS Thank this.
  11. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    That's what I was going to say. Probably a bored trucker sitting at the local peelot trolling. I mean how many wives of truckers would use a phrase like "mandatory hrs." C'mon LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.