Any exception to mandatory hrs, so hubby can be home for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by lml1163, Dec 23, 2017.

1. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South

Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    Op so what happen?

4. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
  5. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio
    Well... He musta made er home! Gotta be spendin "Quality Time" with that wife a his! ;)

x1Heavy, austinmike and NightWind Thank this.
  6. W9onTime

W9onTime Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2017
    IMG_0180.PNG You will not drive over your 70hr clock , You will not unplug that ELD , you will miss Christmas and you will learn to like it

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Actually I came from a very dysfunctional family that was made up of hundreds in my childhood. Christmases were chaos. I eventually resolved that problem by staying with a grandparent after my parents divorced and this gran was living at the time a very quiet life close to God. And christmases with her house was very special with only a few relatives showing up for the cooking etc.

When I learned to drive a 18 wheeler in school in those days, half of my family expressed discrimination because deaf people do nothing but sit home. I don't think so. And after I got onto the road, it was very easy to decide whom to retain and whom to cut loose. Another decision I made was that as long I was trucking, I would not sire a child if at all possible. Raising a family and trucking do not mix well. Ive had a number of very good people over the years but chose only one to marry and go raise a family. That was also the same year cancer came along. We are just about 12 years past that problem and some other things. The part of the family back home that are still living, they are seeing their children grow up, marry and have children too. So they keep in touch when they can. None will be truckers. Some are deployed more than once to war so... they leave their families behind.

I have certain other reasons to deliberately not have children even though I am not on the road anymore. In my family tree there was one in 1840 who was over 50 and he married a 35 year old. It was a scandal in that time period. But 4 children were a result of that marriage. They made it (The children and the wife) all the way to the 1890's where one of them tied into my grand parents and their parents in Baltimore.

This is not a attack on families at all. If anyone understand the value of family, hearth and home it's going to be me because I spent a life wandering the Nation rolling food and freight so these families at home can have nice things to buy and good things to eat to celebrate our Christmases.

As far as I know not too much got broken, damaged or otherwise ruined when delivered for so many of those Christmases. I hope that you enjoyed them.

8. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio

I know how it is, I lost my hearing about 21 years ago...

tucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. Milr72

Milr72 Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    S W Missouri
    X1Heavy, This is one of the best reply's I have ever seen you post! Merry Christmas!

Grubby and rolls canardly Thank this.
  10. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You got trolled.

430 PM yesterday, 10 hours away, 11 hours from bumping 70 and no word on recap hours. Shut down, get up at @230 today and be at the house around 1 pm.

“Oh, but he’s in danger of missing Christmas!”

Wow, complete with reality TV life or death drama!

Grubby, spyder7723, loudtom and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I would like to thing he is home right now with family sitting by the tree, telling outlaw stories of how he just put it in D, set the cruise at 61 and said F it I'm going home.

Grubby, spyder7723, Joetro and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.