Any favorite companies SE Nebraska/NE kansas?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by roadgypsie, Nov 26, 2013.

1. roadgypsie

roadgypsie Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Fairbury,NE
    Well, I gave it a shot on my own for 3 years, and after burning up about $180k of my folks money trying to run my own authority with 1 volvo, it's time to hang it up. Been a while since I had to worry about how anyone treated their drivers so I'm a bit behind on the times. Wondering if anyone favors any carriers around lincoln/beatrice nebraska or washington/marysville kansas areas? Had a few in mind but after reading some of the reviews here it's not enough to pick a place where I'm a name and not a number. If I have to look at commuting back to Omaha I'm kinda leaning towards Hill Bros, most of the people posting seem to have good things to say.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mlawver2000

mlawver2000 Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Logan, UT
    FCC is one of the best around. They have contractors that do very well there also.

4. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
  5. Shadow Captain

Shadow Captain Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    How about Grand Island Express? There are a couple of threads on here about them, generally they get could reviews. Everytime I've talked to one of their drivers they've been happy and at least get the Denver drivers home alot.They are a little north of you but probably even with Omaha.

6. roadgypsie

roadgypsie Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Fairbury,NE
    I had thought about Grand Island, think I brokered with them once or twice. I know there's a guy with a late 80's/early 90's pete with their sticker that I've seen parked in his driveway quite frequently by my parents south of Omaha since I was probably in my early teens or younger. About the same distance as Omaha though. Looking like I'm going to give Seward motor freight a try, 50 min straight north to the yard. Most of what I've seen said about them indicates they're not bad until you want out, and I plan on working something local that will keep me off my ### and working hard/get me in shape when I do hang it up again. Only going back now cause nothing's come up since liquidated my company in Oct and buying a better house.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.