Any gay friendly training companies?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by gaytrucker, Sep 21, 2011.

1. getn2it

getn2it Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2011
    houston,tx
    You know, i was a bit concerned about this issue myself. i am discreet and usually have no problem with people at all, but i've had jobs where once they knew i was bi, they would treat me like an alien or some ####... I say this, Learn your job, do it well, And regardless of what anyone THINKS, you'll be fine.... BTW all of the gay jokes are hilarious!

AfterShock Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  4. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Do that and you're gonna end up in the hospital, or morgue.

platinum and AfterShock Thank this.
  5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    BM8, I do believe our O/P was teasing with that comment. I found it a bit humorous, myself.

It is a rare gay anybody, male or female, who would actually do something like that.

Seriously, I can't figure for the life of me why some people are so offended by whose body parts are touching whom, when the people allowing themselves to be offended aren't party to the activities. I hate to break the secret out, but there are gay men and women driving trucks....and have been for decades.

If everybody would quit making such a big deal out of it, I'm quite sure it wouldn't be such a big deal. That includes participants as well as nonparticipants. Sheesh!

AfterShock Thanks this.
  6. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Have you listened to the radio lately? If someone does not agree with you, you are invited by another dude to perform oral sex with him....

If only women thought this way...I would have had a lot more fun in my single, immoral youth...

7. platinum

platinum Road Train Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    as long as you don't act like a fairy I don't see why you can't find a truck gay friendly trucking job. so don't act like a fairy just do your job you should be a good. your preference it have anything to do with if you can do the job not . yes don't wanna creep out your trainer . better not ask him the spoon with you .

8. Gray Ghost

Gray Ghost Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2009
    There use to be a guy who would hang out around the bathrooms at 707 truckstop in BS, MO, asking for nickles for a service rendered. I bet the old timers know who I am talking about. He died of AIDS. Trucking is dangerous enough without increasing your odds.

9. KE5WDP

KE5WDP Road Train Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Caddo Lake, Texas
    Just for kicks...

I have a wife of over 12 years and 2 daughters. So I live in a house full of women. Well they wanted to paint my toe nails last weekend....be an awesome dad and husband, I let them.

So yesterday it rained on me and I got soaked. My shoes were too wet to wear and I left my boots at home. So I had to wear sandles...and oh the looks I got.

Was fortunate that I didn't get any smiles from some big hairy dudes...

The thangs we do as dads...

7122894003481, Injun and papa1953 Thank this.
  10. notezbngrn71

notezbngrn71 Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Stevensville, MI
    Okay, I'm a trucker and I happen to be a gay man as well. However, my sexuality does not define who I am in the slightest. Although, I've never felt like I belonged in the gay community to begin with. I retired after 20 years of Naval Service in May of 2010 and I've been with the same partner for almost 13 years. Actually, he's not very typical either since he's a blue collar kind of guy as well.

Just do your job and don't worry about the bigots out there. You'll find they're a dying breed, thankfully.

11. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    I figured he was joking, but I wanted to throw that out there anyway. Personally, I'm heterosexual, but I could give a rats ### if you're gay. Hit on me, then we're going to have a problem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.